“Great lunch and dinner spot”
Review of Scalles

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Scalles
Ranked #37 of 169 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great food that not's to overpriced. If you go there for lunch, arrive before noon as the tables fill up quickly, especially on Fridays.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

On Monday, May 6, 2013 at 8pm, four friends and I had a quick casual dinner at The Scalles Restaurant, after golf at Mayapple Golf Club. I had a good Reuben with a pickle and potato chips ($6.85) and a medium chocolate milk ($1.85). We shared good onion rings ($2.85). My friends enjoyed their salads. The waitress was friendly and remembered my friends' drink orders from last year's golf season. On other occasions, my young granddaughters liked the food at Scalles. I often take-out a sandwich and baked potato from Scalles (717 245-0099 phone).

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We really don't go to Scales anymore. I forgot to write about our last experience. We used to go about twice a month as the food was good. The service was always not so good, but the food made up for it. As time went on, the food quality fell off as the prices kept climbing. Food prices everywhere have gone up, but Scales started becoming a not good value for the dollar. As you will read in many of my reviews, there are many great places to eat in the Carlisle- Harrisburg, PA corridor. Scales has fallen behind in their quality/value. We now spend our restaurant dollars elsewhere

Reviewed January 22, 2013

really enjoyed the grilled chicken parm! loved having the option to grill or deep-fry the chicken. the service was fast, and the waitress swayed my decision to try the peanut butter pie - it was worth every calorie i saved by haing the grilled chicken!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was the best food experience on my recent trip back "home" to Carlisle. The taco salad was better than I remembered and there were more choices on the menu. I was quite impressed. The other restaurants that I regard as Carlisle "landmarks" have not been as well kept up.