“Great Ice Cream”

Leo's Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Carlisle
Reviewed August 25, 2012

If you want home made ice cream and treats go to Leo's. There is a big outdoor tent with plenty of picnic tables. We go there each time we are in the area. The ice cream is so good.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I made my first trip to Leo’s recently, and it will not be my last! They have tremendous ice cream and a wide variety of flavors. Leo’s is in a small building off of Trindle road, and there is plenty of seating outside under a tent canopy. We visited during the evening and the insects were a bit of nuisance, but the ice cream made it well worth it.
The staff was glad to let us sample some of the flavors before deciding. They were friendly and accommodating. If you get a chance try the chocolate chili pepper. It has a dark chocolate flavor and ends with a bang of hot pepper. Different, but good! I especially liked the honey sunflower vanilla. It has a great sweet, rich nutty flavor. The chocolate malt flavor is rich chocolate with a creamy malt taste. Again, very good! Others in our group tried the coconut, almond joy and coffee espresso chip. All were great! Be careful of the espresso chip though, it has coffee beans in it, and although tasty, it gives a different crunch and a caffeine rush.
The prices were reasonable but not too out of hand. They had waffle cones that were good, and cost an additional $1.25. It is a nice place for an ice cream treat!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

They have lots of delicious, unique flavors...AND they have pretzel cones, my favorite! Nice sitting area outside, bring the family.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Leo's is a small local ice cream shop that makes their own super creamy ice cream. Every day they have 20 or so flavors including sorbets and some "healthy" light ice creams. The flavors include some great ones like S'more, cream caramel, cinnamon, and vanilla marshmallow. If the flavor includes add in's like nuts, then it includes plenty of nuts. The ice cream is creamy and rich. Their prices are reasonable and the servings are very generous. They have an outdoor awning and patio chairs where locals settle in to enjoy their treats. A 9.9 and the very best ice cream in Carlisle - bar none.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Wow! The interesting range of flavors! I had raspberry ice cream with dark chocolate raspberry candy cups. My only regret was that we were passing through town, and I couldn't come back the next day to try more flavors.

Been to Leo's Homemade Ice Cream? Share your experiences!