“Not stellar”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
carlisle, pa
“Not stellar”
Reviewed March 23, 2010

My husband and I went to Piatto for an anniversary dinner, and I really wanted to like it, if only because there are so few other options in town. Unfortunately, we decided next time we would save a small fortune and cook at home. With no effort, we could eat just as well, for a fraction of the cost.

4 Thank raptor99

Carlisle, PA
“Disgusting”
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Central PA has a fine dining plague... I'm convinced that these restaurants are only able to survive because the people who frequent them rarely leave the area, and actually don't know what good food is. I don't consider myself to be much of a food snob, but Piatto disgusts me!

My husband and I went there only b/c we received a gift certificate. We had heard bad things, but went anyway. Bad idea. We both ordered the Carpaccio, an italian seafood stew. It was watery, and made with poor quality fish. Within minutes of returning home we were both sick to our stomachs.

Do not waste your money at Piatto. If you're in the mood for a fine meal, make the drive to Baltimore, DC, or NYC where the culinary standards are far higher.

5 Thank docMAMA2012
New York
“Good choice in Carlisle”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Very nice atmosphere in a historic Victorian house, with many period details intact. Our group had the filet, the chicken saltimbocca, and the fritto misto, all of which were well prepared and delicious. The fritto misto included shrimp, calamari, scallops, and fish and was lighly fried and very good with just a squeeze of lemon, but it could have used some sort of dipping sauce. Pleasant service was a little slow, but it was a very busy night, with a Dickinson College homecoming that weekend. There are few good choices in Carlisle, this is one of them.

Newtown, Connecticut
“Like a visit to Tuscany”
Reviewed May 16, 2008

This is a wonderful restaurant serving delicious Italian fare coupled with great service and in a beautiful setting. Reasonably priced, and bring your own wine. We dined here during a college visit - my only regret is that my daughter decided to attend school elsewhere. I would love the opportunity to return. As they say, "try it, you'll like it"!

3 Thank BroadOakPS