“Best Italian food”

Milan, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Italian food”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Piatto's venue is a charming Victorian house turned into a restaurant with all the comforts of your own dining room. Their menu features genuine Northern Italian dishes that are carefully prepared in the Italian tradition. Excellent choices on the wine list.

Visited October 2012

Nashville, Tennessee
“There is promise for Piatto!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was excited to see the sweet town of Carlisle in the midst of highways full of 18-wheelers. The feel is a small college town with unique restaurants and shops. Piatto is one of them.

The place is charming both from the outside and inside, with small rooms of tables throughout. The menu offers a of large variety of options which might be the problem. Execution is inconsistent and dishes that were good on one visit can be mediocre or worse on another. Pastas have been the most reliable but I don't have any dish that I would highly recommend. I would like to see a smaller menu delivered with consistency. In contrast, I would like to see a much larger wine menu along with more reasonable prices.

Service is questionable. Everything is very slow. I have learned to give myself 90 minutes or more for dinner which is too long to expect for a regular meal. I have had new servers that wanted to please yet didn't know the menu and struggled with the specials to barely cordial more experienced staff. Along with a more streamlined menu, a cozy place like this needs warm, knowledgable staff to match the ambiance of the atmosphere and take it to a higher level.

Why am I giving it a 3 rating vs a 2? I think this place has promise and I hope they make changes to bring me back more often this year.

• Visited November 2012
maine
“Looks are deceiving - go on in you can afford it”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We chanced on this restaurant while in Carlisle and were happy that we did. The restaurant is set in an old brick building with a look of $$$. We didn't think that it would offer items such as pizza or pasta but it did and for a reasonable price.

Visited October 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Disappointing Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Piatto was recommended, but it disappoints. The menu offerd a lot of variety, but the execution was lacking in every area. Crab fritters wers tasteless, a pizza was not fully cooked, the Scallopine al limone was soggy and lacked flavor; in short the meal was very disappointing at each course. I got the impression that every item was in a package in the freezer and microwaved. Service was so-so and the wine list limited.

Carlisle must have other restaurants that are better!

• Visited September 2012
7 Thank rolftowe
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“First Time Dining Experience”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Friends of ours were visiting from out of Town and wanted to take us out to dinner. They suggested Italian which is why we selected Piatto. We recently moved to Carlisle and had no idea where to go. I checked the reviews and decided to give it a try. Overall we had a very good experience. Our waitress was attentive and very friendly. The group was satisfied with their food selections. I was a bit surprised, however, when one of the dishes arrived (it was the pork special) and found the presentation somewhat lacking. Our friend said the dish was very tasty in spite of it's appearance. We finished our meal with desert which was also acceptable. I would certainly give the restaurant another try.

• Visited August 2012