“What a shame”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We have gone to this resturant for the past five years in Carlisle when we attend Corvettes at Carlisle. This year was very disappointing. The changed the menu,which wasn't all bad, but braised cabbage with Italian food??? They finnaly serve wine (so you don't have to BYO anymore), but they could have more choices other than Italian wines. Also, if you are a party of six or more you can make a reservation, no more for smaller parties. This was ? a great place to eat in Carlisle, not to many places left there. The waiter wasn't the best either.

3  Thank Stingray93

Reviewed July 13, 2011

I really wanted to like it. Charming setting, nice atmoshphere but the food, at least the pizza was not great. The worst part was the chef wouldnt , even after begging, alter the toppings on the pizza. Why couldn't he/she accommodate a request to add sausage and onions to the margherita pizza as they were available on other pizzas. We were told we had no options to alter pizza toppings. What non chain restaurant does this..even Burger King let's you have it your way. This is pizza folks!

4  Thank Deb R
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I am NOT a local from Carlisle, and I DO know what good food and good service is, and I found them both at Piatto! Service was impeccable, food was delightful. I had a question about a dish, and the chef came out and not only answered my question, but also helped me decide on the right ingredients to make pesto out of my basil plants at home. My colleague and I were waited on like we were the only clients in the restaurant, and we enjoyed every minute. Don't miss it.

1  Thank mgs31
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Trattoria Piatto is a pleasant place in historic downtown Carlisle. My wife and I were in town for one night to see Jeanne Robertson at the Carlisle Theater so we chose Piatto because of convenience and recommendations.

The food was inconsistent. My wife liked her haddock baked with vegetables in parchment but my spaghetti puttanesca was flavorless. Given the quality of food, the size of portions, and the presentation I would rate the prices a little high. Like several restaurants in Carlisle, Piatta advertises that it gives a 10% discount for theater-goers (which we were); but the waitress didn't mention it when I told her our time was short because we were going to the Carlisle Theater. When I called the restaurant the next day to ask if they would issue a credit to my credit card, the manager said he was unable to do so, which seems like a lame excuse. He offered a credit for a future visit to Piatto, but it will be a long time before that happens.

3  Thank rseelig77
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Beautiful facility, superb menu, BYOB ensures great value. Service was top notch. Cuisine was equal to level experienced in New York City metropolitan area, unexpected to find such dining in Central PA.