“Our Carlisle stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Carlisle

Knights Inn Carlisle
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Carlisle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Dirty
Broken bed
Grounds unkept
Kept shorting us towels
Entry door did not close tightly
The only good thing was that the AC unit did a fantastic job

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I don't know if I have the words to describe just how bad this place is. It smells everywhere. Have to ask for towels. Very dirty. Massive stains right in hallway carpet. It is absolutely disgusting! We were that a car show at the fairgrounds just this weekend July 11-13. On Sat night we had a mini unplanned car show / get together out in the parking lot and everyone there had the same story. Out of 12 of us that were there none will ever stay in this place again. I wouldn't stay there again if they paid me $100 a night! For your own good and health do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Carlisle hotels

Columbus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We checked in about midnight, The person was not at the front desk but after I called him, he walked in from the bar area to check me in. I was charged $15 more than I was told over the phone and was told I could talk to the manager in the morning to have it fixed. I gave in and just took the room because my poor toddlers just wanted to go back to sleep. I went to the room and there was a young girl (maybe 7-9) sitting at the door asking me if she could go into our room to get her ipad she left in there. Odd, but I let her go. We walked into the room and it had not been cleaned. There was food on the floors, no towels or anything so I tried calling down to the front desk, no one answered. I tried another 7 times over an hour, no answer. I walked up to the front desk. No one was around.

Since the kids were asleep we tried to make the best and deal with it in the morning. The people next to us were having a party in the next room, I called the front desk over and over but no answer. Finally at 6am we gave up and tried to shower and leave. Shocker our shower was broken. The water poured out from behind the handles burning you if you tried to shut it off.

So no sleep, no shower, I went to the front desk. No one was there again, tried calling from the room, no answer. So we tried to have the advertised hot breakfast. Wow. There was nothing hot, it was dirty, frozen eggs were just sitting on the tray melting next to the bread which was who knows how old.

Finally I called the 1-800 howard johnson number which redirected me to the hotel where he finally answered the phone. He came down and found that I was put into the wrong room. I asked him why he didn't answer when I called from the room number which he said he was busy helping other customers. I asked why he couldn't answer for 5 hours, he said he had a lot of customers to help.

He printed my receipt that showed the different room number and when I questioned it he said that we were put in the wrong room but there was nothing he could do now. He said he was the owner and that they do not give refunds. It was awful.

Please if you are traveling with kids or just don't want your vacation ruined do not go here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Abbi G
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Advertise free WiFi, but WiFi never works. Arrived to hotel at 7pm and room wasn't ready, was not even told at check in that we couldn't use our room yet. They do not clean rooms or provide fresh towels. Dirty rooms, bugs in hallways. Terrible customer service

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends