“Great Beer”

Market Cross Pub & Brewery
Ranked #5 of 161 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Market Cross Pub & Brewery has been serving delicious food, craft brews and fun for over 20 years. We host parties of small and large sizes from casual lunch to rehearsal dinners. We proudly host an on-site brewery as well as over 250 different international beers. Kids Menu available.
Pennsylvania
“Great Beer”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Love the beer selection. Quaint and cozy atmosphere. My husband loves to visit each time we're in Carlisle. I like the import selection as well.

Visited August 2012

Mifflintown, PA
“great place to eat and drink”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

it was busy when we got there, so we sat at the bar. enjoyed several fine brews and some good food. finished off the night with a lambic.

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Night Out With Friends”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We have dined there twice - the first time we found the food more to our liking the second was somewhat disappointing. We ordered the fish dinner and found the breading to be too heavy and somewhat soggy. Our guests also found the food to be a bit mediocre. We will give it another try.

Visited September 2012
PA
“Great beer selection, fish & chips”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Extensive beer selection and awesome fish & chips. They have an extensive array of beers on tap, including imports and micros. Also try the steamed clams.

• Visited July 2012
West Windsor, NJ
“Decent pub, small portion”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Service: Despite being oddly busy for a Wednesday night, the service was decent. Our waitress literally ran from table to table, and kept up very competently.

Atmosphere: The Market Cross is cleaner than a typical pub and its separate dining room gives it a Houlihan’s feel. Part of the “clean” impression comes from the strangely bright lighting and nicer-than-necessary plates and silverware. It’s a good ambiance for a restaurant, but frankly I like my pubs a bit dodgier.

Food: I ordered something called “beef Guinness,” mostly because it’s impossible to screw up the formula that name implies. As expected, the beef was tender and well-seasoned, and the mashed potatoes were creamy. My only concern on the food front (and this is unusual both specifically for pubs and generally for restaurants in this price range) is that the portion wasn’t as large as I had expected…in fact, I was hungry again about an hour after returning to my hotel, which shouldn’t happen after ordering something called “beef Guinness” at a pub.

Value: My fellow diner had a nice-looking sandwich that was probably filling, and he only paid about $9 (vs. the $11 I paid for the delicious but skimpy beef Guinness). If you choose wisely, it is possible to get a good meal at a good price; however, I’m sure there is more than one dish on the menu with incongruously small portion, so caveat emptor.

Overall: If you like pubs, this will serve. There’s a large draft beer selection, and the food and service are both good. If you’re really starving, order a sandwich or look elsewhere.

• Visited August 2012