“Great beer selection, fish & chips”

Market Cross Pub & Brewery
Ranked #4 of 159 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Market Cross Pub & Brewery has been serving delicious food, craft brews and fun for over 20 years. We host parties of small and large sizes from casual lunch to rehearsal dinners. We proudly host an on-site brewery as well as over 250 different international beers. Kids Menu available.
PA
“Great beer selection, fish & chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Extensive beer selection and awesome fish & chips. They have an extensive array of beers on tap, including imports and micros. Also try the steamed clams.

• Visited July 2012

West Windsor, NJ
“Decent pub, small portion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Service: Despite being oddly busy for a Wednesday night, the service was decent. Our waitress literally ran from table to table, and kept up very competently.

Atmosphere: The Market Cross is cleaner than a typical pub and its separate dining room gives it a Houlihan’s feel. Part of the “clean” impression comes from the strangely bright lighting and nicer-than-necessary plates and silverware. It’s a good ambiance for a restaurant, but frankly I like my pubs a bit dodgier.

Food: I ordered something called “beef Guinness,” mostly because it’s impossible to screw up the formula that name implies. As expected, the beef was tender and well-seasoned, and the mashed potatoes were creamy. My only concern on the food front (and this is unusual both specifically for pubs and generally for restaurants in this price range) is that the portion wasn’t as large as I had expected…in fact, I was hungry again about an hour after returning to my hotel, which shouldn’t happen after ordering something called “beef Guinness” at a pub.

Value: My fellow diner had a nice-looking sandwich that was probably filling, and he only paid about $9 (vs. the $11 I paid for the delicious but skimpy beef Guinness). If you choose wisely, it is possible to get a good meal at a good price; however, I’m sure there is more than one dish on the menu with incongruously small portion, so caveat emptor.

Overall: If you like pubs, this will serve. There’s a large draft beer selection, and the food and service are both good. If you’re really starving, order a sandwich or look elsewhere.

• Visited August 2012
Enola, Pennsylvania
“Best Shepards Pie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

The parking was a little bit of a problem, but the short walk was well worth it! The food is wonderful here, drinks were good too. I had Shepards Pie and it was one of the few places in the area that carries this dish year round. The Market Cross Pub did not disappoint!

Visited November 2011
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Cozy, laid back bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We love this place for the laid back attitude and the ambiance. The food is pretty good, too! They do have bands sometimes, if that's your thing.

Monroe, Georgia
“Pub food and atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We enjoyed the pub atmosphere and the beer selection was good. The restaurant was not busy on a Sunday so we were surprised by the slow service. I got a crab cake sandwich that was pretty tasty. My husband got the Lord Stafford crab plate that was okay but nothing exceptional. Still overall, we'd much rather eat here than at some chain restaurant. I would go back.

• Visited July 2012