“Nice atmosphere decent food”

Market Cross Pub & Brewery
Ranked #4 of 162 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Market Cross Pub & Brewery has been serving delicious food, craft brews and fun for over 20 years. We host parties of small and large sizes from casual lunch to rehearsal dinners. We proudly host an on-site brewery as well as over 250 different international beers. Kids Menu available.
Old Forge, New York
“Nice atmosphere decent food”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Neat pub atmosphere! Went to this restaurant based on reviews here. Note, they only serve beer, no wine or liquor. My kids thought their burgers were great. BF had the smoked salmon w/cream cheese sandwich which was very different, but tasty. I had the meat pastie. Flavor was good but not a lot of filling and pastry seemed greasy. I'd go back but try something different. Bill was not unreasonable.

• Visited March 2012

Carlisle Pa
“Corn Beef and Cabbage”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

For whatever reason, we're not Irish, a friend and my spouse decided we had a hankering for corn beef and cabbage on the 17th, go tell. It was a pleasant surpise when a large bowl of a very tasty and well seasoned dish appeared. It was an enjoyable experience. If there is a negative it would be no soda bread, maybe next year.

• Visited March 2012
Pittsburgh
“Classic Pub”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

House beers were excellent, and a great selection of other beers. Food selection and quality were both excellent. Friendly staff and a very comfortable atmosphere. If I lived in Carlisle I'd be a regular.

• Visited February 2012
Camp Hill
“Great beer, so so food”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

This is one of original great beer selection places. Sadly the food does not equal the beer selection.

Visited January 2012
Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Beer - Loved the Atmosphere - After Reading Reviews...surprised how GOOD the food was!”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

After reading that so many reviewers were less than thrilled with the food at this restaurant, I decided to try it anyway because I was pretty sure that the pub atmosphere and the beer would be good enough to make it a good evening. Was so surprised to find that for us, the food was SO MUCH BETTER than we had been lead to believe!...We started with the Drunken Clams which were so tasty that we had to ask for another order...(unfortunately, ours was the last order available and so we could not get any more!)...For our entree, we split the "King" Fish and chips and added the half pound of crab legs. The fish was very good...not overly battered in my opinion and very tasty. The fries that accompanied them were just average...but, so what! Then...there was the beer which you may recall was one of the two main reasons we decided to go here...well, I think I have found my new favorite IPA.....the Old Yeller IPA (the house IPA) is sooooo good! Lots of subtle flavors that come through even more with the second than the first!
They need to bottle this IPA ...it is so good...The service was friendly and efficient...not over the top great but better than one might expect at such a laid back restaurant....totally recommend this Pub!

• Visited December 2011