Residence Inn by Marriott Harrisburg Carlisle
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We've never stayed in a Residence Inn before. If the others are like this one, it is definitely the place to go when you're spending more than a couple of days in an area.
Our suite included two rooms: a bedroom and a larger room that included a sitting area, a dining area and a kitchenette. Both rooms had TVs. The main room included a couch, a desk, and an easy chair. Wi-fi was free. The kitchenette offered a full refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher,sink, and closets of dishes and drawers of untensils..
Daily buffet breakfast was included, and so were light buffet dinners at midweek, including wine and beer. Refills were $1 each!
The staff was extremely welcoming and congenial, especially charming, elegant Britney at the front desk. Oh yes, when you arrive there are fresh cookies at the front desk, as well as nearby urns of coffee and hot water, plus a small shop that sells beer, wine and other vital necessities.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Reynard71
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn by Marriott Harrisburg Carlisle

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This all-suite hotel is perfect for a quick overnight stay or an extended vacation or business trip. The rooms are equipped with just about every amenity one would desire. The fitness room is small, but stocked with top notch exercise equipment.

The place is spotless too! I haven't found a cleaner hotel in a long time. I will be back.

Room Tip: If you travel with your own coffee, make sure you bring flat filters for the coffee maker,
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked a one bedroom suite for a one night stopover during a long drive. We arrived quite late. Check in was quick and helpful. I received exactly the room that I asked for (top floor, very quiet). We weren't troubled by noise at night. The suite was spotless, and nicely renovated (room 307). The room does not have an oven, but it does have a cooktop, a large microwave and a full sized fridge. It is well stocked with dishes, coffee and even popcorn. My only minor complaint is that it didn't include coffee filters. If you are one of those people (like me) who travel with their own coffee, bring flat bottom coffee filters.

The breakfast is excellent. It includes eggs, sausage, french toast and fresh waffles. There is also some fruit and yogurt. The buffet area is a little cramped but manageable.

We didn't use the pool, but it is nice to know that it's open 24 hours a day.

I highly recommend this hotel when travelling near Harrisburg, PA.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 307. It was very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank thirdroom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My two teenagers and I spent one night here 7/30/2013 while in the area visiting two colleges. We arrived worn out, and were greeted at the front desk by Brittany, who could not have been more helpful!

My daughter was happy to enjoy a cookie right away, and we were pleased with the room. We booked a two bedroom suite (each room had one queen bed and one full bath), so although my daughter and I decided to share a bed (rather than use the sofa sleeper for my son) it was a great space to relax after a long day of touring one campus and driving. The larger bathroom had nice shelves for toiletries (I liked that rather than having to have everything right by the sink). I also liked that the shower had two shelves for soap and shampoo to sit on.

We were so tired that we didn't want to go out to eat. We got a few delivery menus from the front desk for local restaurants (pizza and Chinese), but had a bite downstairs and ended up having our dinner consist of that and some microwave noodles that I had brought from home! They had a "southwest salad bar" set up downstairs with complimentary wine and beer, sodas and juice.

The breakfast was nice as well - while the kids were getting ready, I went down and got them each something to eat and brought it up to the room. They had muffins, yogurt parfaits, scrambled eggs, potatoes, canadian bacon, milk, waffles, pretty much something for everyone. I made my daughter a cup of coffee over ice and (recommended by a staff member) put whipped cream on top - nice!

The bed was extremely comfortable. We all slept well.

Some of the dishes in the kitchen didn't look too clean, so I just put them in the dishwasher (along with all the utensils) and just ran it right away. No big deal to me.

I was happy that we could find a two bedroom suite, as I got up early and made coffee and watched TV while the kids slept a little later. It would have been less comfortable in just a hotel room!

It was clear to me that the management here is doing a lot right. Every staff member was very kind and polite. If we're in the area again, I would definitely stay here!

PS: we're Marriott platinum, and it's nice that you get any one item from the little marketplace for a perk (or points).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here during the 150th anniversary of Gettysburg in July. Hotels were expensive in Gettysburg but not so here in Carlisle. Nice room and comfortable bed. Enjoyed the BBQ dinner that evening. Just a few minor things to discuss. We had to wait at the reception desk for four or five minutes before a staff member came to check us in. There was no soap in our room and we had to ask for some. The hallways did not look vacuum and there was a slight odor in the hallways. The trash had not been emptied in our room when we arrived and they didn't offer to send someone down to empty the trash. Those items made the stay good rather than great. One other item: it seems that the Residence Inn's we have visited recently only allow three devices access to the Internet rather than unlimited found in our Marriott properties. When you have cell phones, Kindles and computers, we need more than three ways in get Internet service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and were able to enjoy the manager's reception on one night, BBQ night. It was really, really good and they put on a better spread than most Residence Inns. We had a king bed room and it was more than adequate in size. My only negative experience was that since our room was closer to an outer door we decided to load our car from a side door. Our room keys wouldn't work in it and when I reported it I was told that the desk manager had the same problem and she had reported it to maintenance who said to just raise the handle a bit. That didn't work and I resorted to propping the door open with a towel while moving our luggage out to our car.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2013

this is my second. nice and quiet. I'm very finicky and I like it here. Great cookies. Complementary breakfast and dinner. dinner is available for only about three nights. Awesome. Great service and clean. Clean linens and they take pride in their service. Great front desk. Golly what can anyone ask for good night sleep?

Room Tip: all rooms seem good. quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business