“Great overnight stay when travelling with family”

Residence Inn Harrisburg Carlisle
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great overnight stay when travelling with family”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stopped here on our way to NYC and were so pleased with the brief overnight stay that included a delicious breakfast the next morning. Would highly recommend this hotel for family as the spacious accomodations at reasonable prices cannot be beat. Breakfast was warm, fresh, and varied. Nice pool, fitness room and sports court also.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Was there during Ford Car Show but I never heard any outside noises. Hotel is well built and well insulated.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, its quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New Market, Maryland
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our two night stay at the Residence Inn, while in Carlisle for the GM Nationals. The staff is exceptionally friendly and very helpful with information on the tourist attractions. Our room was perfect - clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated. The king mattress and bedding were in very good condition, the bathroom area was spotless and the fully equipped kitchen was impressive. This was our first time with Residence Inn and we were very satisfied. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
montvale, nj
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed here a week on business in May of 2012. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is generous and wide-ranging, with many hot options. They offer evening food a couple days a week, which I did not sample. So, I am not sure if it is a snack or a whole meal. Can be a little tricky to find the place. I had a suite with one queen bed. The suite was fine. There was the living space with a kitchen to one side, then a door to the bedroom, then a door to the sink and closet, then another door to the bath and toilet. The bedroom had a bureau and two night stands crammed into the room. I think it was a 42 inch flatscreen in the living area and a 32 in the bedroom. [They negotiated to $150 with AAA discount.] It is close to the highways (I-81 and I-76) and close to Carlisle (northeast of the city).

Room Tip: Elevator really slow. Maybe choose the first floor?
Connecticut
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed here for five nights in early May for a dog show and were so impressed with everything. The dogs were welcomed, room was large and spotless, front desk service warm, and there was ample delicious breakfast every morning. A small hiccup with the price was immediately fixed, and the staff could not have been friendlier. Whether for business, with pets, or as a stopover off I-81, I could not recommend this hotel more.

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I recently spent a week here on a business trip and I have to say I am looking forward to my next trip. The staff was very courteous and bent over backwards to help us. The daily breakfast was always hot and delicious and provided enough variety that I never had to eat the same thing twice. Evening meals were far more than I expected and I went to my room satisfied nightly. The room was spacious, comfortable, and well furnished.

Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I booked this hotel on our college touring trip for my daughter. It was lovely, and refreshing. The staff extremely courteous and helpful; suite big and clean, comfortable bedding and nicely appointed; 24 hour a day pool and hot tub; easy access to Carlisle, the highway, and some great restaurants. And the breakfast was terrific. Would recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: We got a room facing the forest in the back and it was great.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family