“Musky Rooms and Dirty Towels says it all!”

Best Western Carlisle
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Me and my family and my sister-in law's family booked 2 rooms for one night. The rooms looked fine until further inspection. The rooms had a sour, musky, musty odor. The A/C's in the room made a lot of noise which blew around the odor. The bathroom fans which turned on automatically when you turn on the light was making a clunking noise. There was mold on the ceiling of the bathroom. There were ANTS on the carpet! Both the face towels had a yellow hard stains on it. The bath towels were stiff and off-white and I question if it was even washed. The bathtub had the dirty ring inside the tub. The toilet seat was stained, had scratch marks on it and was cracked in the back. The free breakfast looked ok until you get a chance to taste the cold, rubbery, vinegary eggs--that just nastified the entire breakfast. Stay away from this Best Western Carlisle.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank MChin_NYC
AdityaP1, General Manager at Best Western Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Reviewed August 12, 2010

When my family and I traveled 3 states from where we live to see some family, we went to this hotel. We arrived a little early so we could get settled and we asked " Can we get the room early?" They said "No" while we were talking. So we left to look around. Then when we came back, we asked when we reserved the room if we could have a cot or a rolling bed and they said they didn't have any. But to our suprise there was one in the hallway. The pool had a stain in it to. other then that i had a great time.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank HI_IM_BOB_10

Reviewed June 6, 2010

A good hotel, no matter what class, should be clean, quiet, have a polite staff, a comfortable bed and a good shower. This hotel did exactly that, with the added bonus of a reasonable breakfast buffet and a morning manager who didn't mind when folks wandered in before the breakfast room was officially open to get coffee.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Thank you !

Reviewed April 29, 2010

being a regular best western customer for years now, i was insulted by this hotel. i had called three months in advance to book a room at a rate of 118$ plus tax a night and reserved using visa. upon check in the accommodations were somewhat substandard. During check out the final bill was increased to 156$ a night, due to it being thur, fri, and sat, while the wed check in day was still at 118$. Should the customer not have been informed he/she was being charged extra for those three nights, or is it standard to get ripped off?

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hawkins8
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Long story short, they gave me a smoking room when I had reserved a non-smoking room. I had reserved the room through the Best Western website and I even had the print out of the reservation showing that I had reserved a non-smoking room. The desk clerk explained that they were booked solid and that there was nothing he could do. He blamed the computer. The room reeked of smoke - it was like living in an ashtray. There were even ashes on some of the furniture. And there was no way to get any fresh air into the room. I seriously considered sleeping in my car. When I checked out of the room, all of my clothing reeked of smoke.

Smoking aside, the bathroom could have been cleaned better. And there was no coffee when I arrived for breakfast in the morning, although it eventually was refilled after about ten minutes. And there was no desk clerk present when I went to check out in the morning.

Don't bother staying here, there are plenty of other quality hotels in the area.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank KayakUSA
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We stopped here for an overnight while traveling. The front desk staff was very nice, we were able to check in a few minutes before the actual check in time. The room was clean and large, beds were comfortable, wireless internet worked very well. I did like the queen size beds, I hate when there are doubles. And the air conditioner was nice and quiet. The breakfast was adequate with waffles, hard boiled eggs, bagels, cereal, etc. My only complaint was that the only fruit was apples. The only issue we has was that the toilet clogged and didn't seem to flush totally. They did give us a plunger to use and it worked out okay. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. My kids enjoyed the outdoor pool.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2009

As with prior reviews, I found this hotel to be of very high standard. It was immaculately clean. My room was spacious and perfect. All trash bins were empty, toilet, shower, and sink were spotless, and beds were great. Happy to report there are no bedbugs (I always check hotel beds with a flashlight). The front desk help was so friendly. They recommended a place to get my nails done for a wedding, which was great. I forgot my showercap, and they happily provided one for me. There were no cookies upon check in (but I was there during a festival weekend-don't know if that's the reason), but the breakfast the next morning more than made up for it. Between the belgian waffle maker, hot and cold cereals, muffins, hard boiled eggs, etc, it was more than enough to be satisfied. It was all indoor coridors, and nice and quiet. Fitness room was also spotless, with towels and chilled water for those exercising. Would highly recommend to others.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo