“Food is basic good diner food.”
Review of Carlisle Diner

Carlisle Diner
Ranked #107 of 161 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Food is basic good diner food.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The food is good diner food, not spectacular and not bad. The staff is very kind, and the place stays very busy. I like the family run feel.

Visited February 2012

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Needs better customer service”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have a tradition with my little boy every Saturday we go out to breakfast. We have been in this diner several times and I continue to be disappointed with the customer service. Being a server as well, I don't really expect much when I go out to eat. I am not a demanding customer, but I do get VERY annoyed when I am not acknowledged. I have already been sitted by the hostess which she isn't the friendliest...then once I get my OJ and water, two waitresses walk by TOTALLY ignoring me. At least acknowledge my existence and say "You're server will be right with you." All I'm asking for.

Got 3 slices of french toast, sausage links, and homefries to share with my 2 yr old. The food is decent, but the waitress NEVER came over to see how everything was. It wasn't until we were finished our meal when she came over. I got a box and the check and that was the quickest box and check I have ever gotten. My son was a little fussy when we entered the restaurant because he had an empty tummy...but I was sooo irritated at the service that I don't think I will ever return.

I love the decor and music but the service drives me away.

• Visited September 2012
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“What can you say? It's a diner!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Have eaten here several times. It is diner. Breakfast food is fair anytime. Beyond that, the fare is greasy diner food. Some things, like the evening diner specials are fair. But if you order a "higher end" meal, like prime rib, beware. It will not be good. Every time we go there, we ask ourselves, "why?

Seattle, WA
“Owners don't think much about customers”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

A nice little (emphasis little) place in Carlisle. Not much parking, not in the nicer old town part of Carlisle. Several flies buzzing around.

Good selection of food on the menu but when we stopped and needed to work on our computers while eating, we picked up a strong wi-fi signal called "Carlisle Diner." Sadly, the waitress told us that the owners don't give out to a password to customers. A little like the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld "No Wi-FI For You!"

Clearly, the customer is not the first priority here. Reminds me of the old bookstores that used to have signs that said "no reading -- this is not a library." And we all know what happened to them.

• Visited July 2012
Pennsylvania
“You pay for EVERY type of add on”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

WE, as a crew of 6-15 used to eat here every day. THe food is average diner food. The service is AWESOME!
The problem is, if you want lettuce, tomato, and onions on your burger its going to cost you. If you want biscuits with your creamed chipped beef instead of toast its $1.25 more. Really? Two biscuits are $1.25 more than a piece of toast? Also, the waitress was the one that suggested that I try it that way but failed to mention it would cost me. when I asked the person in charge about it she stated that "its only a dollar. If I take it off for you then I have to do it for everyone!" Great customer service. NOT!!!

Visited May 2012