“Good steakhouse”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Montreal Area
“Good steakhouse”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

100% happy for a late dinner.The staff are friendly the restaurent was clean and the steak was perfect.

Visited March 2013

Lacona, New York
“Worst service ever. Food bland and like eating cardboard. Go anywhere else!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We recently were on a trip home from our vacation. Stopped to get gas and saw this "steakhouse" what a joke! We had never been to a Bonanza before. It is similiar to a Pondersosa style restaurant we have in NY. It looked ok so we decided to give it a try. Never again. Honestly anything would have been better than what we experienced at this location! McDonalds or Burger King would have been great. We went in to have a hostess seat us. That was the only good thing which happened. We then sat and waited over ten minutes and no one even acknowledged us waiting. We at that point should have just left but after a long drive we were tired and hungry. We decided not to order any steaks etc. since no one came over and my husband went up and helped himself to the buffet. I went up and got some salad and soup and still no waitress. 1/2 thru our first plate the waitress finally stopped by and said "oh i see you decided on just the buffet. We were like yes no one waited on us to take our orders. No apology or anything. It at that point had been more than 20 minutes! She finally brought our drinks. She never came back to check on us. She did come to clear plates when we were up to the buffet to get dessert. I had to flag her down and ask for our bill and she never asked how anything was or if we wanted refills. (which we did) but did not want to wait more. The food was very disappointing to say the least. Just frozen warm up type food or tv dinner style at best. The wings were pretty good and my salad mix was average. Some of the chocolate dessert was good. But the stuffed peppers were bland, the lasagna no taste. The scalloped potatoes overdone. The chicken overdone. The chicken pot pie stuff bland no taste and overdone. Pretty much everything was just so blah... It is sad to pay that much for terrible food and service. Their were waitresses all very young congregating by the hostess stand. A manager just walking around doing nothing. He never came near our table had he of, I would have advised him of the poor service... I had to ask for the bill and then when my husband went to use the mens room he said it was disgusting. Someone had made a mess and it had not been cleaned so he could not use the restroom. The cashier never asked me about our experience. Most places ask was everything ok etc. They do not care. She took my $50 bill and went somewhere and came back and said you are ok? well i hope so. Must be had to get approval but i have never experienced a cashier leaving her post. Normally a manager comes to the register or they have a special pen to check them. No one obviously cares to work or be there. No friendly smile or service. No locals there we could see and now we know why. Once you go you probably will not go back unless you don't know any better. Would recommend no to waste your money on this one!

• Visited February 2013
woodstock
“Welcome spot to eat on a snowy night”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our first time in a Bonanza. Very attentive wait staff. I had a burger and my husband had a steak. For the price, everything was good. The buffet has ample offerings, however I shy way from buffets. They encourage you to eat to much!

• Visited December 2012
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Decent steak house.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The food is good, but the buffet selections are just not that awesome. I find it usually has a sticky floor near the buffet. But I enjoy the main meal usually.

Visited March 2012
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Worst Service Ever!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have been to this particular Bonanza three times now and I can say the service has been really horrible every time but I tipped the previous two times because I have always liked Bonanza growing up and eaten there every year for my birthday back home so I didn't want them to treat me badly next time or remember me by not tipping so I did tip nicely. However this last time I went in the service sucked I wanted to scream at the girl and the management because they are so horrible they just don't care. I went there on my birthday thinking I would have a good dinner.. well the food was fine but when the waitress lets our plates pile up from the buffet on our table and forgets to get our drinks that is just rude. She would ask if we needed a refill and hello our cups are empty we were polite the whole time said yes please she would walk away never come back and then again she would come back and say do you need a refill...lets see we were only waiting for them for how long? When I was ready to leave I had leftovers from my dinner not the buffet but my actualy dinner I paid for she said to me do you mind if I put it in a box in the back I said yes I would like to do it here myself..oh well I can't allow you to do that...well then why did you ask and first of all I have been to Bonanza for my birthday every single year and other times as well but every year and I turned 23 on this occasion and this is the first time I have ever heard of this! It would be fine if I trusted the girl but she was snooty the entire time and a poor excuse for a waitress, not to mention when she took the food back to box it well lets say I was watching the clock and she took quite some time and I think the idea of them not doing it in front of you is gross. I asked her why she said because we ordered the buffet.. um ok she brings the boxes out to us we sit there for another ten minutes or so before she even is able to be seen again so lets see why have that rule if youre going to give us the boxes.. pretty shady to me. I will NEVER return to this Bonanza again I have had better and i will travel two hours back to my hometown to go to that Bonanza again!

• Visited October 2012