“Great, Clean stop off I-80”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlisle Harrisburg Area
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Staff upon a late check-in was very friendly, and the room as well as the rest of the hotel was spotless. This was a great place to crash for a few hours during a long road trip. The price when we booked (last minute) seemed high, but the bed was great, everything was clean, so we will take it.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlisle Harrisburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear wanderingpair,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and "Five Star Rating." We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will come back should your travels bring you back to the Carlisle area in the future.

Regards,
Sam Patel

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlisle Harrisburg Area

Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hotel was nice, clean and dog friendly. But thank goodness we had left over food with us, as dining experiences around this area are slim to none. Unless you want only fast food. Otherwise a good place to stay. We always use HIE as they are dog friendly!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diane M
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlisle Harrisburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Diane M,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are so happy we could accommodate you and you enjoyed our "pet friendly" rooms. We hope to see you again soon.

Sam Patel

Reviewed July 10, 2014

If you like the new, modern, and incredibly spacious Holiday Inn Express properties, this one is for you. Was told it was 8 months old, which surprised me because I thought it was newer than that. Everything is big. Lobby, breakfast area, rooms. Staff was friendly. Just what you would expect.

Had to knock it down to 4 stars because for some reason my bathroom counter hadn't been cleaned, and the internet dropped a couple times. But overall just fine.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlisle Harrisburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear illini_razorback,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carlisle and we hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We travelled with a baseball team for a tournament in Hershey. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. It is located about 30 minutes from Hershey Park, a straight shot. Small indoor pool and hot tub but the boys loved it. Great, complimentary hot breakfast, not just continental either. The staff was so nice and accommodating. They handled groups well. They also helped out with any questions we had. Large area in lobby to meet, eat, hang with drinks, etc. One thing that was a bit difficult was that there is no restaurant there, so we ordered in or ate on the road. Large convenient store next door or bring snacks, drinks, sandwich meats, etc. Sports emporium near by to ride go karts, laser tag and arcade games. It was something fun for the boys to do too. It has only 3 floors so the 11 and 12 year old were very comfortable walking around or going to the room for something. Laundry too if you need to wash very dirty baseball uniforms. I would stay there again. Kids had fun.

Room Tip: I liked the second floor. Not loud at all. There are some rooms that were larger than standard. 1st...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynn P

Dear Lynn P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and you found our hotel and staff accommodating. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The Holiday Inn Express in Carlisle is brand new. I was really expecting a very nice finished hotel. The entry is very nice. There is a lot of chairs for sitting and a nice breakfast area. The food was good and lots of variety. I was disappointed in the staff. The front office was not super friendly. A front desk woman and the woman serving breakfast made racist remarks towards Indians (people from India). They said that they were hogging up all the food and not letting people go up to get food. They also stated that "these people" are rude and pushy. They were forced to eat in another room. They stated that it made them mad to have to eat in the other room, but they didn't care. I understand wanting to have enough food for everyone, but I felt like these racist remarks were unnecessary. Both of them even stated that they shouldn't say these things. I was shocked and didn't know what to say. This is 2014. People should know better than to be so ignorant. Our room was big and laid out nicely. I was disappointed because the finish work that needed to be done was not done. The door to the bathroom had white spots showing through. The corners and the line where the walls meet were white. In some places it was really bad. There is a wood board that goes from wall to wall in front of the curtains. It had one coat of paint on it and we could see the wood underneath showing through. There were several places through out the room and bathroom where it was not finished. The tub had soap scum in it. The bottom of the toilet where is screws into the floor was dusty and had pee stains on it. Our door didn't shut all the way. It had to be slammed to be shut. On Saturday night we asked for more bath towels. We were told that there wasn't any and they would have some in the morning. Sunday morning I went down to get some and they were still out. I understand it was a busy weekend and there was a softball tournament going on, but they really needed to have towels available. It has so much potential, but it just missed the mark. There is no excuse for racism, dirty rooms, not enough towels, and unfinished rooms. This hotel could be excellent with a few changes. There are a lot of positives, but with negatives like these it hurts the quality of the hotel. I feel that it is only fair to list the positives since I listed the negatives. The pool was clean and the kids had fun playing in it. It is a great location. It's near Amish country, Gettysburg, and Hershey Park. The parking lot is big and easy to navigate. We stayed Friday June 27- Monday June 30th. We paid a lot of money to stay here and we really feel like we were WAY over charged for what we got. Please talk to your staff about making racist remarks. It is unexceptionable to express their view points to the customers.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank HeidiS123

We apologize that your experience at the Holiday Inn Express was not up to the standards that you expected and clearly not our standards of guest service as well. We thank you for bringing this experience to our attention and the appropriate departments will be reviewing this matter. We try very hard to provide our guests with a good experience, but it seems in your case we did not full fill that obligation and for that I am truly sorry.

Once again, I want to say how sorry we are and would like you to give us another chance if you are ever in this area.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I have stayed at many hotels for family travel and the customer service here was horrible. When you make your reservation please check and specify room type if you are traveling with pets. It was not stated on the website that only certain rooms are pet friendly. Then they changed my room with out prior knowledge. I did not find this out until we were in route to the hotel. Rooms were not ready when we got there after 6:00 p.m. and on our last day housekeeping left the room open for 10 hours with valuables left in the room and room not cleaned. Meaning that dirty towels and trash was left at the door. Had to go to the front desk to retrieve everything we needed for the room. When we went to management and the owner they sided with their staff . The other days were good and the breakfast was great. I am sorry to say I will not stay here anymore or will I recommend this hotel to anyone else.

Room Tip: "Verify room if you are traveling with your pet"
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kenya T

Dear Kenya,

Thank you for taking the time to review you recent stay with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and we apologize for any inconvenience that you had during your stay. Again than you for bringing these issues to our attention and again we do sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you had during your stay.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I could describe the fresh clean room and the delicious hot breakfast (and that would be true), but the most outstanding feature of this new hotel is the hospitable staff. Whoever trained these folk in customer service deserves an industry medal. I have never been made to feel so welcome at a hotel (and believe me, I stayed at many all over the world), and they always went the extra mile to attend to guests' needs. The cheapness of construction materials makes me doubt the hotel's future longevity, and there are no good restaurants nearby. But with these as the only drawbacks I discovered, the HIE can count on a return visit from me when I next have business in Carlisle PA.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jmbreland
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlisle Harrisburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear jmbreland,

Thank you so much for you wonderful review on your stay with us as well as the "5 Star Rating." We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and you found our hotel and our staff so accommodating. I will certainly share this with them. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future the next time you're in the Carlisle area.

Regards,