“Crèpes That Are as Good as Those in France”

Helena's Chocolate Cafe & Creperie
Ranked #3 of 9 Dessert in Carlisle
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a sweet little restaurant on the main drag in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, and is a gem of a restaurant! If you've ever eaten a crèpe in France, you know they are to die for! Well, now you can have a taste of those incredible French crèpes right here in Pennsylvania. We ordered the Breakfast crèpes which consisted of a large buckwheat crèpe filled with ham and Gruyere cheese. They were absolutely delicious!

You can order from a variety of savory crèpes, and then have dessert from the sweet crèpe menu. There are also dozens of gorgeous desserts available for carryout or eating in. They also sell real French macarons in a variety of flavors and colors. There are salads and a drinks for sale as well.

This is a clean, pleasant eating establishment with wonderful food!

There are newer reviews for Helena's Chocolate Cafe & Creperie

Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you have a sweet tooth go here. They have a wide selection of cakes and desserts and from what I have tried they have all been great! They are a little on the pricey side (most items $4-$6) but they are worth it. They even have a little play area for kids!

1  Thank REF60
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The chocolate is so very good. Very clean and friendly staff. The cocoa was well worth the price.
Very nice eatery. Also very good sandwiches.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My daughter had been in Carlisle last summer for a week, and unfortunately did not try Helena's. This summer, we made sure to get there. The smell when you walk in is amazing. My daughter ordered the caramel crepe, and was not let down at all with the quality. I ordered the chocolate and raspberry flavor, which was fantastic. All crepes are made to order, taking at most 10 minutes to arrive. While waiting, use the free wifi, or look at the drawings on the walls. Very eclectic.

Our food was so good, I got a carrot cupcake to bring home to my non-chocolate eating husband. He shared - lucky for us. Dense, moist, and frosting in tact after driving with it for 5 hours!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is the place I go for a special treat. I always have a hard time making a decision when I go there. They have colorful display of macarons, homemade desserts and crepes. They also brew a good cup of coffee!