“Tasty Thai”

Carlisle Thai Cuisine
Ranked #32 of 161 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Private Dining, Takeout
Description: Our restaurant offers exotic and delightful Thai cuisine in a beautiful and romantic atmosphere. Carlisle Thai Cuisine, formerly known as White Elephant Thai Cuisine, features healthy menu items for Thai food lovers. Our customers have options like less oil, less fat, and/or less sugar. For example, our curry dishes can be prepared with or without coconut milk. For customers who prefer gluten-free or are food allergy-prone, we can help you with your order. We're all about eating fresh, delicious, and healthy food. Come visit us! We are a BYOB restaurant without a corking charge, so please bring your favorite liquor and we'll supply the glasses.
“Tasty Thai”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Authentic Thai food, your taste buds will be satisfied. Inside a little dark and very intimate, it felled a little confined. Service could use a little more interaction. Go for the food and enjoy, a nice change of pace in a sea of pub food that is central to Carlisle.

• Visited July 2014

Carlisle
“Overpowering smell forced us to leave”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

While I love the food here, especially the Panang, I may not be able to eat here again. Last evening we went here and I immediately got a headache when we walked in the door. There was a very strong sweet, flowery smell throughout the restaurant. We sat down but, the smell was so overpowering we had to leave without ordering. Very disappointed!

Visited August 2014
Winchester, Virginia
“Just okay”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I love Thai food and couldn't wait to try the White Elephant with my three daughters. We visited for lunch and it wasn't busy. The restaurant is had a nice atmosphere. I was a little surprised when we were seated and the host removed the cloth napkins from the table, but okay. These were later replaced with paper napkins when our food came. Two of my girls had the Pad Thai and were disappointed. My oldest daughter had the Thai stir fry. She thought the veggies were a little questionable. I tasted and my guess is that they were frozen. I had the box lunch #3. It came with salad, and egg roll, a dumpling, a small slice of cantelope, and a small slice of watermelon , all tasty. I should have stopped there. The box also included Pad Thai with tasted like noodles and ketchup. Not good at all. I couldn't even sense any fish sauce or traditional Thai flavors. The restaurant had come recommended to me, I should have ordered the dish they recommended as well, then I might have enjoyed it. Oh, the box lunch also came with Lemon Grass soup. That was tasty in a hot and sour way, but I couldn't taste lemongrass at all.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank perkyfam
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Try the Bento Box lunch”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have been here twice for lunch and both times ordered the bento box lunch option. The first time, I ordered the Pad Thai and thought it was just okay. On my next visit, I had the Mussaman Curry, which I enjoyed much more. I definitely recommend the bento box option, which comes with soup, salad and a spring roll. Portions are just the right size. I would definitely return to try some other options.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank saavychic
Carlisle,
“Fresh fast and fine”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I was a huge Amy's fan, so when they became the white elephant, I was worried. But it was unnecessary, because YUM. We got take out and BAM same phone number (don't have the heart to change the contact name from Amy's.) We got the crispy rolls (sauce is really good and homemade,) soup (you pick the protein and the tom yum Kai was like whoa,) drunken noodle, and the Thai BBQ. So good and so fresh. Lots of veggies in the noodles, and you can just tell this place has a lot of heart and soul.

Visited June 2014