“Fresh fast and fine”

Carlisle Thai Cuisine
Ranked #29 of 163 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Private Dining, Takeout
Description: Our restaurant offers exotic and delightful Thai cuisine in a beautiful and romantic atmosphere. Carlisle Thai Cuisine, formerly known as White Elephant Thai Cuisine, features healthy menu items for Thai food lovers. Our customers have options like less oil, less fat, and/or less sugar. For example, our curry dishes can be prepared with or without coconut milk. For customers who prefer gluten-free or are food allergy-prone, we can help you with your order. We're all about eating fresh, delicious, and healthy food. Come visit us! We are a BYOB restaurant without a corking charge, so please bring your favorite liquor and we'll supply the glasses.
Carlisle,
“Fresh fast and fine”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I was a huge Amy's fan, so when they became the white elephant, I was worried. But it was unnecessary, because YUM. We got take out and BAM same phone number (don't have the heart to change the contact name from Amy's.) We got the crispy rolls (sauce is really good and homemade,) soup (you pick the protein and the tom yum Kai was like whoa,) drunken noodle, and the Thai BBQ. So good and so fresh. Lots of veggies in the noodles, and you can just tell this place has a lot of heart and soul.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank J Eliza A

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Thai”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Have eaten here a few times now...lunch and dinner...and have tried most Thai restaurants between Carlisle and Philadelphia. Good varied selection on the buffet at lunch and a very big menu. I absolutely LOVE the Goy-Teaw noodle soup. The Thai chef knows how to do this dish right. Some "Thai" restaurants are not really Thai and doing imitations of Thai Food. I've been to Thailand a few times and in my humble opinion, this place is the real deal. Waitstaff have always been very polite to me and hustle when they need to. Just noticed that the website has been revamped...food pics there are making me hungry!

• Visited May 2014
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Freshest Food in Carlisle, PA”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have eaten at the White Elephant over 25 times in the last year. The food is
constantly fresh, flavorful, and creative in presentation. I have found very few
restaurants in Central PA that give you such fresh meals for so little money.
Additionally, the White Elephant is a great place to BYOB to share with friends.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Phoebe5232
Newville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Adventurous”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

They have completely redone the interior from the previous Thai restaurant. Feels more adventurous. Menu was not as extensive; and buffet is gone. HOWEVER, food we had was delicious! Some classic Thai dishes, and some new ones for us.

Visited April 2014
Sumter, South Carolina
“Decent Thai / Excellent Service”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Ate here last night and some of their items are a little pricey. I ordered the rolls and the beef soup. The spring rolls were delicious but the soup seemed a little watered down and it didn't have the thinly sliced meat that I'm used to (speaking of which I don't recall them having a pork option either, just chicken beef or shrimp) but chunks of beef. Unfortunately, after eating the majority of my food I took another patron's recommendation and added a little of their peppers to my food, a huge mistake. Instantly I started sweating and dealing with burning lips but I was able to eat three more bites of soup :) Lastly, the wait staff are some of the best I've seen in quite awhile.

• Visited April 2014