“Excellent brisket sandwiches”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Excellent brisket sandwiches”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Wife and I ate at Redds for dinner. I had the brisket sandwich platter with cole slaw & beans. The wife had pulled pork sandwich & fries.
The brisket was excellent! The coke slaw and beans were great. The wife liked. The pulled pork but the fries were just okay.
The sauces were very good. Sweet tea was also good.
Redds does remind me of a southern BBQ place because the tables and chairs are old school and the the floors were a bit "sticky ".
We really enjoyed the meal and will be returning soon.

Visited July 2014

“smoked ribs for lunch”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

my coworkers and i have ordered to-go meals from here occasionally. the ribs were scrumptious, and the sauce complimented them quite nicely. i think there's room for flavor adjustment, but for the cost of the meal, this restaurant is a great deal. ... now i'm hungry for ribs!

Visited March 2014
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
“Brisket Mecca”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I love BBQ and this is some of the finest I've ever eaten. Their sampler is a must. But do not leave without sampling the brisket. It will knock your grandmama off the rocking chair

Visited May 2014
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Good, but not great”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We went here for a quick bite and found the BBQ to be good, but not great. The meat is smoked on site, and what we ordered was moist and flavorful. It is not a wet BBQ, which we would have preferred. I sampled some of the BBQ sauces on the table and didn't personally care for them - but only because I am NOT a mustard fan and they all had a healthy dose of mustard in them. Atmosphere was ok. Our table was not level and so it wobbled every time one of us leaned against it. There were no decorations on the walls, so while it was clean and simple, I think they could have put some thought into creating a smokehouse vibe.

• Visited July 2014
Brandon, Florida
“Meh...but potential for more.”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

What can I say? I wanted to like it. I certainly don't hate it. The BBQ meat (pork in particular) had a very nice smokey flavor, but the house BBQ sauces didn't do the meat proper justice (just my opinion, I am very picky with sauces, with North Carolina style being my favorite). They try to do Southern flavors and I liked the cornbread, but the only available sweet tea was lackluster. The corn side was very good but the cole slaw only so-so. Granted, I've only been once, but a return visit is debatable at best. One thing Redd's has on their side is the fact that they are one of the few (if only) BBQ options in town. If I could offer Redd's any advice...1) improve décor inside, because it feels too much like cafeteria and 2) get a beer license...beer and bbq go so well together, don't keep these starry-eyed lovers apart, let them join for goodness sake. I know its BYOB like so many other places in this town, but I believe fixing up the inside a little more and obtaining the license or joining forces with Market Cross Pub next door could do wonders.

• Visited July 2014