“Great Cakes, Not so good value”
Review of Carlisle Bakery

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Carlisle Bakery
Ranked #4 of 5 Bakeries in Carlisle
“Great Cakes, Not so good value”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

For the past 2 years my family purchased Birthday cakes here, they are totally delicious. The pink champagne is AMAZING. They are beautifully decorated too. However they are really expensive even for just a birthday party too feed 8-10 it's not a good value. I would recommend it but only if you prefer taste over value.

• Visited October 2012

Pennsylvania
“It could be a lot better”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Carlisle was begging for a bakery, Helena's has the great bread form Metropolitan Bakery in Philadelphia, but only on a Saturday morning. The staff are very friendly but the lay out makes for poor service as the two counters are divided down the middle. There is no real artisan bread. No bagel choices, no real hard crusty french bread, poor selection of bread and rolls. I could not get a simple roll for a hamburger at 1 pm. The restaurant side seems to be undeveloped. I feel the owners may be losing interest and suggest they go visit the Gettysburg Bakery / Pamona's in Biglerville, there is the model for success for you to follow.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Stephen H
pa
“Finally - a bakery!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Carlisle has long lacked a bakery in town and now not only do we have one, they have joined with one of the best bakers in the area- Dingeldein! The white chocolate mousse cake is one of my favorites and I ask for it every birthday. While we are not talking cakes that look like Harry Potter (Charm City Cakes it ain't) - the cakes are delicious and the quality comes through.
I haven't yet tried any of the soups or other foods offered, I intend to try them soon. The shop is very nicely decorated (love the wood floors and light filled interior) and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Visited March 2013
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Cute, clean place”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had their Quiche for lunch and it was a quality Quiche with a flaky homemade crust. While I didn't have any of their bakes items I plan go back. The baked items looked lovely. The service was also good and it was clean.

• Visited March 2013
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Needs Work”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've only visited the Carlisle Bakery twice, and each time I left disappointed with the selection, price, and quality. If you're going to pay far more than a supermarket bakery, the pastries need to be much better quality. They've recently added an experienced baker, and word is things are improving. I'll be giving it another try soon.

Visited October 2012