“great food good prices”

Chen's Asian Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 168 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 31, 2013

very nice, very clean wait staff good prices very good, I take 1/2 of my meal home with me will go again

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My second visit, a Saturday night with friends. The room is nice, I love the water feature, service is friendly but could be better. This is not your typical Carlisle Chinese, no buffet. I started with sushi, for an extra $1 you can buy a second sushi, good value, the fish was fresh, I liked the crunchy shrimp. I asked my server if the duck was good, I was told it was but it wasn’t. I had the Thai Basil Duck. Not sure if it was frozen then thawed and fried, or just old. It had a red pepper beside it on the menu but the server did not ask how hot I wanted it. It was too mild for me. It was disappointing and I feared getting sick from the duck. I should have sent it back. Instead I will probably not return. My friends food looked good, Pad Thai, and Fried Pineapple Rice except for the sweet and sour pork. The portion was very good for the price, but the battered pork just sat there on the plate, no presentation. I tried one and it did not taste as if it was made on the premises, more like you would get at a buffet. Oh! and if you go to the website and click under coupons, then press print, there is none.

1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The atmosphere is perfect! But, i like the Chinese entrees the best. There are only 3 or 4 Sushi items / rolls that are really good. Prices are excellent and service is perfect.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food was good, and served quickly. The sushi looked delicious on others' tables and I think I'll order that next time. The lighting is quite bright and the ambience is of an eat and go restaurant. I would not go here for a special occasion but I would return for a mid week treat.
They do not serve alcohol, but you can BYOB.
Overall a decent night out.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was in the mood to pig out on chinese with my boyfriend, and we had a babysitter for an hour or 2, so we went to Chens new location, thinking it was still a buffet. When we realized it was a cmpletely diferent restaurant we were dissapointed, but we decided to stay optimistic and give it a chance. Service from the waitress was good, she was very attentive and sweet. The food was dissapointing and very highly priced. I ordered General Tso's and it was very crunchy, and the sauce was unusually lumpy and gooey. My boyfriend wasnt thrilled with his either. We of course paid the bill and left a 20% tip, but we will not return, because I cant spend our hard earned money on bad food. When you go out to ea the food should always be better, b/c you are paying more..wish they'd bring the buffet back! Id be happier, and still a customer.