“Best place in carlisle!”

Momma Spriggs Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 165 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that if you are in carlisle this place is a must go to! My family and I ate here and everything was so amazing that I had to make a review. The food is nothing but high quality (none of that cheap diner food), our server, Amy, was so nice and helpful (one of the best I've ever had) Even the owners stopped by our table and made sure everything was to our liking. We will definitely be back again. It's about time someone in carlisle has opened a restaurant worth going out to!

There are newer reviews for Momma Spriggs Restaurant

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were in town for the Chrysler Nationals and decided on Mamma Spriggs, based on TA reviews. We are in Carlisle several times a year and like to try out different places to eat. We put the address in the GPS and went on our way. However, when the GPS was indicating that we arrived at our destination, we couldn't see the restaurant. Apparently, the sign was being worked on and therefore, there wasn't a sign or address indicating this was the place. After circling around and finally pulling into the lot, we decided that this had to be the place. We were greeted warmly upon entering and seated at a booth. We were given 3 separate menus - the 10 for $10 menu indicating the early bird specials, a dinner special menu and the regular menu! Our server came by quickly, introducing herself and the evening's soup choice and vegetable selections. Warm slices of bread were provided. We started with the Crabby Mom's chips, on the specials menu, for an appetizer. This included homemade potato chips, with a fresh crab meat and cheese topping. It was delicious! For dinner, my husband chose the Mom's Surf and Turf salad. Heart of Romaine lettuce with a skewer of grilled shrimp along with sliced filet mignon and slices of parmesan cheese. The filet was cooked to perfection, rare. I chose the broasted chicken dinner and was not disappointed! Hot, crispy chicken on the outside that was juicy and tender inside! It was so flavorful. It stayed quite warm throughout the meal. This was accompanied by mashed potatoes and gravy and vegetable choice. I selected the roasted brussel sprouts with bacon. Great choice! We really loved our meals! Looking around the restaurant while we were dining, we noticed the preponderance of couples, all in the 55+ range. Maybe it was the early evening specials, or just the excellent choice of food. We arrived at 4:45 PM and when we left at 6:30, a more diverse range of customers had arrived. The service was excellent. The beverages were constantly refilled, as was the bread basket. We were offered a wide range of desserts, all of which sounded great, but really we had no more room! The early specials include a dessert.The place is casual but very well appointed and comfortable. The food was fresh and offered in generous portions. We highly recommend Mamma Sprigg's and will be returning on our next trip to Carlisles. BTW, the sign was replaced by the time that we left the restaurant!

3  Thank FRMEnt
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We recently traveled to Carlisle for the GM Nats and decided to try this restaurant based on it's Tripadvisor rating. We went about 4:30, and had the early bird type dinners. Mamma Sprigg's has a nice appearance outside, and maybe 5 spaces of HP parking RIGHT BY THE DOOR! This is something many places don't get right, and it irks me because I'm handicapped. We were greeted + seated by the hostess immediately. The atmosphere is very nice inside, far better than their other better known competitors. Fresh baked bread was brought to our table. The food was great, the prices reasonable, and the portions ample. The desserts in the case by the door looked great, but we were too full to eat them. Our server was very good...and young! Typically, our experiences with young servers have not been great. Note that this is a BYOB restaurant, which you may, or may not like. We liked it so much we went again the next day. I had the spaghetti and meatballs, the spaghetti was a bit overcooked which should never happen. I didn't complain. Our server was very good to a point, and then disappeared! The owner came over and explained she had a large table in a different room. The owner was very friendly, both owner's were on the premises, which is refreshing. Anyways...we paid the bill, left, and I realized I shorted them $10.00! We felt terrible, called and they said to bring it the next day. We did, ate again, great food and server and no probs. We are not strangers to Carlisle or the restaurants in the area. We can highly recommend Mamma Spriggs. Give them a try while visiting here!

1  Thank mrolds69
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I question whether to even call this a diner, since the food quality is well above that of a diner.
Great food selection, really tasty meals, good food presentation, and good staff. The owner is always there, and I love seeing the dedication.

Quickly became one of our top two favorite restaurants in all of Carlisle.

Never had a bad meal here, and can't wait to eat here again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We eat there frequently and have always had great food and service. Last week I ordered their spinach salad with hot bacon dressing and it was delicious!

Our two favorite waitresses are Amy and June! They are the best waitresses around.

1  Thank Baldwin-Stable