“Favorite restaurant in Carlisle”

Momma Spriggs Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 167 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We eat there frequently and have always had great food and service. Last week I ordered their spinach salad with hot bacon dressing and it was delicious!

Our two favorite waitresses are Amy and June! They are the best waitresses around.

1  Thank Baldwin-Stable

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place has great quality food and nice people who run it and serve you. It's not cheap diner food. Definitely worth checking out.

1  Thank Drivingguy1
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Spend 5 days in Carlisle Trout Fishing and antiquing with my wife and had dinner each night at a different Restaurant chosen by reviews or recomendations. All were good and for the most part would warrant a return visit but each had their shortfalls in one way or another. The last night we received a recomendation from an antique shop owner to dine at Momma Spriggs saying while it was not a fancy place it was spotlessly clean and he would vouch for good home style cooking, great friendly service and reasonable prices. Well Momma Spriggs lived up to his review and more. We were greeted by our server not a hostess which was a different spin and she took us to our booth asking if it was ok? She gave us our menus reviewed the specials and took our drink orders When she returned asked if we had any questions before asking if we had made our choices ..nice touch. My Wife had the Chicken Pot Pie a very large portion which she said was as good as any she has had. I had the half Crispy Broasted Chicken which was great, crispy skin but not dried nor greasy with juicy Chicken. I was especially pleased with the real mashed poatoes and homemade gravy.It's a shame we didn't find Momma Spriggs earlier in our trip as we would have certainly would have liked to try more of their homemade specials

1  Thank Bill P
Reviewed May 28, 2014

They have good breakfast and lunch crowd. We enjoy their pancakes which are better than anything I have eaten. Lunch is also good with a nice variety. Prices slightly higher than other places but quality is better.

1  Thank atl157
Reviewed May 18, 2014

In my year here in Carlisle I've eaten here 3 times. First time the food was excellent, second time was average and the last time was disappointing. They have a very exciting menu, but it appears that some days the food is a lot better then others. The lasagna was very good very good every time, but the seafood pasta meal I ordered I couldn't finish because the seafood was greasy and rubbery. It has great intentional to be excellent when they are on their game.