“Finally reaches potential”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have wanted to like this restaurant since it opened and we gave it several tries before concluding it was not going to rise above mediocrity. Recently, however, the place has gotten a new chef and the change in the menu is like going from night to day. Not only is the food well prepared, but it is also well conceived, inventive, and well presented. I understand the owner has barely avoided having to close down recently for financial reasons but has managed to attract new investors and he will remain open. If he manages to keep the same personnel in the kitchen, we will be doing our part in the future to keep his revenues up.

1  Thank meanderer95
There are newer reviews for The Green Room

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I already positively reviewed the Green Room in Carlisle, PA, but I need to add something ... we went back on Friday night (November 2) with friends. It was still delicious, and I still appreciate the organic, local foods. However, this time I was really struck by how limited the menu was. I am on Weight Watchers, and it was impossible to find anything that I felt good about eating. I settled on a salad (delicious!) but then everything else seemed like too many points. I didn't want to try the chicken, so I ordered the vegetables fritte ... which said it was "lightly fried." I assumed (I know I shouldn't!) that meant lightly PAN fried, but it turned out to be lightly DEEP fried. I was absolutely delicious -- but I should not have eaten it!!!! So .. reservations. LOVE the place, love the food, but they really need some diet-friendly options. Even the wonderful-sounding risotto and so on is NOT really helpful on a diet like Weight Watchers ...

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The salad was fresh but bland. The rolls were good as was the homemade butter. My rabbit entree was dry and chewy, as we're the potatoes (the only side dish that came with).

Not worth the price. Perhaps a good choice for vegitarians or those needing glutton free options.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I like the whole concept of organic, local food. I haven't been there since they hired a new chef. But they may be closing down. That will be too bad. We need a place like this.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Unique little restaurant where everything is organic. I had a bass that was the best I ever had. Everything else a bit different and good.