“Sousa Concert”
Review of Carlisle Theatre

Carlisle Theatre
Ranked #7 of 31 things to do in Carlisle
More attraction details
Owner description: The historic downtown Carlisle Theatre features live concerts, films, children's programs and community theatre.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We attended the free Sousa Concert and thoroughly enjoyed it. Love old theaters and we definitely plan on going back for a future performance. The acoustics are excellent.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I pay $6 as a senior to see a movie at the Carlisle Theatre that is 5 minutes from my house. The movies arrive a month or more after playing at other theaters. The sound quality for movies varies. On 7/13/2012 I and everyone else could not understand what the actors said in "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel." On 7/20/2012 the sound was good for "First Position." I typically drive 30 minutes to Cinema Center of Camp Hill to see movies when they are first released, although the sound is too loud at the Cinema Center of Camp Hill. In May I saw "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" at the Cinema Center of Camp Hill and understood what the actors said.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Small home town theatre.
Felt like I was transported back in time, yet the theatre was spacious and clean

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We have not seen any movies here but we have seen several excellent live performances. I like sitting in the balcony but I really do not think there is a bad seat in the place.
The building has been restored by a local group and it is amazing to me the quality of live performers they are able to bring in for such a small venue. They have expanded my musical likes tremendously and I really appreciate their efforts.
Nice to see this art deco gem survive and to continue to operate!
Plenty of parking in the municipal lot if you don't find on street parking.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

The place was a cool old style theatre . Inside was nice , older seats but comfortable for the hour plus we were there . Saw a movie and sound system may have not been the best but it was okay . Would have to see something else there to really give it an appropriate review.