“US Army Heritage and education Center”

United States Army Heritage and Education Center
Ranked #1 of 21 things to do in Carlisle
Reviewed July 14, 2013

If you happen to be in the town of Carlisle PA for a car show this is a place to visit. Its free, even better. Exhibits cover all wars and also has some outside exhibits. take the time to go through the library and take the elevator to the 2nd floor to view some art work and also a dedication to the famous General Omar Bradley. Don't go on Mondays, it is closed.

1  Thank AussieSteveR
"information desk"
"re enactors"
"spanish american war"

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We enjoyed the outdoor displays, and the trenches area for world war 2 were interesting to walk through. The inside displays were very educational, and kept the attention of everyone in our group.

1  Thank Louisa H
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Others have reviewed this great museum and there's no way I can add to the kudos. We spent over 2 hours in the museum building and then more than an hour walking the trail and taking in the displays there. This was an "early morning" decision - a 45 minutes drive from our home. We didn't expect to spend most of the day there and are so very happy that we did.

This was a weekday (7/11/13) and there weren't many visitors. We pretty much had the place to ourselves. My wife has little interest in museums, particularly museums with military exhibits. Yet here, she was totally engrossed seemed disappointed that she had seen and experienced just about all that was offered.

1  Thank Dutch1638
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We arrived very early in the day, and even though the museum was closed, there is a large park showcasing Army military installations; we explored the modern checkpoint display, the World War I trench system, and other spots before hitting the road to go west.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I passed this museum several times in the two years and saw the military vehicles outside the building. So I had to stop and go inside and see it for myself. This museum is free and more interesting than some national military museums I have seen in the past. There are displays from each of the wars from the Revolutionary War to the Iraq Conflict. These displays are interactive and fun if you have kids (or are a kid at heart). I especially loved shooting the automatic weapons and could have stayed there and shot all day. There is a trail outside the museum where you can walk around the various planes, tanks and other war hardware. There is also a extensive military library on the premise. I didn't see everything I wanted to see here so plan to come visit it again.