“Wonderful food and experience”

Aya Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #31 of 159 Restaurants in Carlisle
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful food and experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

I went to Aya on a Sunday about 2:00 with my daughter. Due to the time, it was not crowded at all. The chef prepared our meal at the Hibachi and the experience was wonderful. He was very talented and the food was absolutely delicious! The price seemed a little on the high side, but the portions are very large and we were able to bring leftovers home for another meal. My daughter and I enjoyed the meal and the whole experience. My only negative was that the restaurant was extremely hot. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys sushi or the hibachi experience.

• Visited May 2014

“Fun! Fun! Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

This is the most fun I've ever had going out for dinner! We went back a second time and took our kids and shared the fun. We ate at the grill and I ordered steak and scallops. Delicious! The chefs are talented in food and humor. The young'ns had a blast! We will return!

Stormville, New York
“Decent sushi, fab decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was our second visit to Aya and both times we have been pleased with the friendly service and lovely atmosphere in this restaurant. We eat sushi on a regular basis and this place does not disappoint. There is an extensive menu and from the sound of it, the hibachi part of the restaurant is just as good. What we really love is the decor, from the illuminated tree in the entrance to the dangling origami cranes. We would definitely go again.

• Visited April 2014
PA
“Business lunch - surprisingly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

First trip for all of us. We were surprised at how good the food was, and the variety. Service was also very good. Pricing reasonable. Not just hibachi, but also sushi and Tempura. For the hibachi, you have a choice of the show, or just a simple table which worked out much better for lunch conversation. The folks getting the show seemed to be having a blast. We are getting tired of oriental restaurants in the area that are just pushing out cheap nasty food - the was a VERY WELCOME change.

Visited December 2013
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
“Honor Roll Reward”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Every time my daughter and her friends make the honor roll I treat them all to a trip to Aya. I think it is a great motivator because they love the food so much.