“Authentic noodles and yakisoba!”
Review of Issei Noodle

Issei Noodle
Ranked #8 of 169 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Outstanding noodles and yakisoba. Spent five years in Japan. Have talked about how we'd like to go back just to eat! It was a wonderful, unexpected surprise to find out we just had to come to Carlisle.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Issei Noodle is a classic family-run, family-style restaurant serving food like mom made for you! We started with a hearty miso soup--probably the best I've ever had in a restaurant--and had two ramen noodle dishes: chashu and spicy tan-tan. Both soups were individually distinct in broth, contents, and flavors: everything was fresh, and obviously prepared on order. This is not elegant food: for that, go to a chef's three-star restaurant. This is hearty, flavorful, stick-to-your ribs noodle soup, with authentic tastes and textures. Service was family-style as well: friendly, attentive, and hoping you'd like what they served.
This place is absolutely worth a detour off I-76 or I-81.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

One of my favorite places to eat! The Chicken and Egg Don-Buri and Thai Bubble Tea are amazing! I have also tried the Pad See Ew and Egg Noodle Delight, both are tasty as well.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Of course I have tried just about everything, but it is hard to beat the Okinawa Yakisota. Paired with Asian Calamari Salad and left-overs will carry you through lunch the next day. One of my favorite restaurants in downtown Carlisle. The only drawback is NO BYOB. I'd love a glass of wine with this meal.

1  Thank Edward S
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I literally tried going to this restaurant twice today but it was still closed each time. Luckily, the third time's the charm. The place was absolutely packed tonight but seeing as it was just me I got seated quickly and placed my order. I ordered the Vietnamese rolls, Miso Soup, and the Japanese Yakiosoba. The rolls were alright, nothing really special but the Miso soup was definitely unique. The soup seemed to be thicker than what I was used to, had noodles in it, had no tofu (typically standard), and had a slight ginger taste to it. I thought the soup was really good. Now, the Yakisoba was fairly greasy and had a slight sweet cinnamon taste to it which struck me as rather odd. It was alright and definitely different from what I was used to. Although the restaurant was packed and had only one waitress it seemed to run extremely efficient with minimal wait time but this, of course, cut into the personal dining experience. Overall very good though.