“Authentic Food At A Good Price”
Review of Issei Noodle

Issei Noodle
Ranked #11 of 167 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I literally tried going to this restaurant twice today but it was still closed each time. Luckily, the third time's the charm. The place was absolutely packed tonight but seeing as it was just me I got seated quickly and placed my order. I ordered the Vietnamese rolls, Miso Soup, and the Japanese Yakiosoba. The rolls were alright, nothing really special but the Miso soup was definitely unique. The soup seemed to be thicker than what I was used to, had noodles in it, had no tofu (typically standard), and had a slight ginger taste to it. I thought the soup was really good. Now, the Yakisoba was fairly greasy and had a slight sweet cinnamon taste to it which struck me as rather odd. It was alright and definitely different from what I was used to. Although the restaurant was packed and had only one waitress it seemed to run extremely efficient with minimal wait time but this, of course, cut into the personal dining experience. Overall very good though.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Having lived in Asia while in the Service, I came to enjoy asian food immensely. I took a date to Isssei Noodle once and despite my desire for ramen, yudong, etc I can't bring myself to return. The chef used much too much oil. Suffice it to say that it cleansed the both of us within a matter of an hour or so. Be careful is the best advice I can give anyone who dares enter this establishment.

1  Thank Chuck t
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The food is hot, fresh, and delicious. Family run, the service is friendly and efficient. The pho is my favorite, and cannot be beat on a cold winter day. The staff makes you feel like you are at home. Specials can found each day. Really adds a lot to sleepy Carlisle.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

All kinds of Asian noodle dishes - the pho is especially tasty. Service is good - very good when you consider there's only one waitress serving the entire restaurant. Portions are generous. Not exactly fine dining, but above average place to have lunch. My favorite Carlisle restaurant.

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere, food was amazing. Great place to go for asian inspired cuisine. Each dish we tried we loved. I would definitely go back again soon.