“Yummy food!”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Beer lovers and gourmands alike will find something to love about this unique restaurant. Belgian-style entrees are highly recommended, but if you want to go just for a burger - do it! Just make sure you sample the frites (fries) - they are amazing!!!

Reviewed August 30, 2014

We found this restaurant while attending the recent Corvettes at Carlisle event. We ate here twice during our 4-day stay in Carlisle. Excellent select of Belgian food and beer. The staff was very friendly and the food was soooooo good. Finally a restaurant that serves real food with real taste.

My wife and I both made the comment we had a restaurant like it's at home.

Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

This is great spot if you are a beer lover. Although the beer is quite pricy and the draft is served in a demi - tas , order by bottle!
Food was quite good and it was clean.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

This is a very atmospheric cafe in the City of Carlisle. We decided to do Sunday brunch before going on our tour of the Carlisle Army Heritage Center. We were seated immediately by the hostess. The Cafe was bustling with happy diners, many of them in large groups at their tables. After looking at the menu we both ordered egg dishes. My husband ordered the New York omelette and instead was served a Farmer's omelette. I find this rather comical because instead of having lox in his egg dish, he was served bacon. He did not send the eggs back and ate them even though he was disappointed. I ordered the vegetarian scramble well done and it was delicious, filled with veggies and perfectly cooked. Both platters were served piping hot with Parisian potatoes on the side. These are little potato puffs, only okay, not that tasty. I asked for ketchup and was served homemade ketchup which had a very different taste than the commercial stuff from the plastic bottles. The coffee was good, hot and refilled as needed. Our server was efficient but somehow made that egg error and for that I'm taking away a star. The bread had a soft texture that made it a bit rubbery and the potatoes were not the best. So this meal was in my opinion only a 3-star because of the lack of attention to detail. If I were in Carlisle I would try it again but order something else and check that the order was correctly taken by the server.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed this restaurant. Our meals were excellent and the Belgian ale selection was surprisingly broad. I opted for a flight of beer. Atmosphere inside was nice, felt kind of like an authentic pub. Our server was excellent and answered all of our questions on both the food and types of ale on tap. We ordered the frites as an appetizer and they were all right, but neither of us really thought they were anything extraordinary or that radically different from any other french fries you can order. My wife had the Stoemp Saucisse, which is a trio of sausage, with mashed potatoes, spinach and some grainy mustard. It was very good and tasted authentic (based on what we've had in Germany at least). I had the Carbonade Flamande, which is a Flemish beef stew slow cooked in dark ale, served with potatoes. Also very good! Give this place a try, you won't be sorry.

2  Thank Dave R