“Go for dinner since it's the same price as lunch”
Review of Cafe Bruges

Cafe Bruges
Ranked #5 of 169 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Good food. A bit noisy. Beer was yummy. They accommodated our picky kids' need for plain eggs and for a burger during Sunday brunch with no problems.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I met my cousin and her husband there for dinner one night. This was her recommendation and we were very happy with it. The atmosphere can get a bit loud since it is a smallish place, but the wait staff was friendly and knew their products. Fine selection of beer if that is your thing. The food was good. Horseradish sauce with the fries is a good choice. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Who'd a thunk it -- delicious Belgian food in the middle of Pennsylvania! My husband's family is from Belgium so we had to have lunch there. He had a hearty meal of sausage and potatoes. I made the mistake of ordering two salads, thinking they would both be appetizer size. This was much too much food! Too bad -- both were delicious. I particularly liked the potato and string bean salad.

We aren't beer drinkers but that aspect of the establishment is obviously one of its strong points. Likewise, we skipped the French fries (any French person you meet will tell you they are more of a Belgian specialty than actually French) and mussels (a fond childhood memory of my husband's while visiting his grandparents) but they certainly looked delicious.

If we lived in the area this would definitely be our go-to place for delicious and affordable food.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I've had many meals at Bruges, and it is without a doubt the best restaurant around.
The steak and frites is fabulous.
Friendly staff, good atmosphere.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Imagine choosing from pages of Belgian beers.... coupled with a giant cup of hand-cut frittes (fries) served with home made sauces .... paired with a variety of unusual entries...delivered in a lively atmosphere and you'll know you're in Cafe Bruges. Great spot for tasty food for a moderate price.

Been to Cafe Bruges? Share your experiences!