“Not bad at all”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Sunday Menu has the most inexpensive items to pick from. generally speaking, it was a good place for us to meet and have a little chat with friends from town.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

There are two types of mussel restaurants in my opinion. One that serves a delicate tender lovely mussel and another that serves big chewy ones. Unfortunately this is the latter. While that was a great pub atmosphere and a great selection of beers with frittes/french fries to die for, I should've ordered the leak tart. Maybe next time. This restaurant is still a good stop in Carlisle.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I visited this restaurant on a Monday for lunch with some friends. The selection of Belgian style beers was extensive. The beers and ales were both on tap and in bottles. Our waiter was very helpful and knowledgeable about the beer selections. The menu at lunch was pub like and very good. The burger I had was juicy, done as I ordered it, and it was delicious. I would recommend this restaurant for those who want a Belgian style pub.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were looking for something different from our standard fare. Found Bruges Cafe. More than 100 beers (we tried a flight). Unusual menu items. We had lamb burgers and awesome French fries. Great service!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was taken to this Belgian style restaurant by a good friend who lives in the Carlisle area and my partner for a birthday dinner and was not disappointed. We all started with a flight of Belgian Beers (all different and tasty). Dinner was 2lbs of mussels and homemade fries. The mussels could be prepared with several different styles but I had mine traditional Brussels style. Different sauces for the fries were all homemade including the traditional mayonnaise which I had to have. The portions were very ample having to take half of them home which we made into a mussel stew several days later (yummy). Would definitely go back when in the area but this time will get the 1lb appetizer portion of mussels and share some fries. Our server was extremely attentive and even marked off on the beer menu which beers we were sampling by number. Ambiance goes with the menu. Thanks for a fun birthday experience.

Been to Cafe Bruges? Share your experiences!