“Crepes - Yum”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I just love the crepes here ! Had a quiche also that was a bit salty, it was disappointing. They are known for an extensive beer menu.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

What a great find. Not only some of the most delicious Belgium food, but we were really impressed with their BEER menu. Wow!
Definitely, a real treat. Can't wait to go back in the Spring.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The food is not good. My wife and I visited Carlisle and stopped here for lunch. The beer menu is excellent (but overpriced) but the food was really bad. I had a cup of celery root soup with ham and potatoes that had two small pieces of some kind of meat and two little pieces of potato. It was mostly a tasteless brooth. The frites which were supposed to be fried twice in beef tallow and should be brown and crisp were pale and soft. My wife's croque monsieur was made with tasteless cheese on basically white bread with no bechamel sauce. The ham was like a grocery store cold cut. My quiche was also tasteless and the hot bacon dressing for my salad was not hot and had no bacon taste. It was very disappointing expecting a meal similar to our meals in Bruges but more American deli similar to Subway. Too bad the kitchen and food does not support the excellent Belgian beers.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had some friends visiting from out of Town who also spent some time in Belgium. As a surprise we took them to Cafe Bruges. Fun atmosphere, great service and food. They have an outstanding selection of beers and our friends were able to enjoy some of their favorite brews once again. The beers are a bit pricey but their menu is reasonable. All and all is was a fun evening and we will definitely return.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Incredible food. The steak frites was the best steak I've had in a while, so tender and delicious. We got an order of Thai Curry Muscles frites as well, which was also amazing. Everything we tried, or saw others eating was amazing.

We were walking around trying to find a place to eat, and several local people told us that Cafe Bruges was the best place in town. It lived up to that review.

Been to Cafe Bruges? Share your experiences!