“Great front desk clerk. She was VERY polite & helpful. ”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Carlisle
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Arcade, New York
“Great front desk clerk. She was VERY polite & helpful. ”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Started with a warm feeling at check in & continued thru checkout. Nice place with very spacious rooms. Breakfast was presented good for a motel. The yogurt was very tasty & had a good selection of toppings. Easy on & off the interstate.Would stay again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Heather M, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Carlisle, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear sunnyd3355,

Thank you so much for posting your review. I am so pleased to see you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast - especially the yogurt - and that our staff made your experience that much more welcoming. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Peachtree Corners, GA
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Driving to New York with my son and his family, we got to the Country Inn and Suites when it was time to stop for the evening. He and his family stayed at this site before and the kids were all excited because they had an indoor pool. So we stopped and got a room. Unfortunately the pool was closed, but they did get to play for a short time in the hot tub. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent, and the front desk clerk was extremely helpful and courteous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear santafake,

It was great to see your son brought his family back to our property again. I am glad to see our guest rooms were so accommodating and that our staff went above and beyond for your family. I do want to apologize that our pool was closed for maintenance during your stay but trust it will be open for you the next time you stay with us!

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time staying at Country Inn and Suites by Carlson and I must say it is very homely and extremely clean. The pool was an absolute plus...I have two water babies. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I would absolutely stay there again and I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cheryl S,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our property. It was fantastic to see our staff accommodated you so well and that your family had a great time in our indoor pool. We all look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Carlisle, PA!

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on Sat night on our way to Gettysburg. The checking went smoothly, Zach was the desk clerk and he was very helpful. He had a very upbeat personality behind the desk.Not everyone does at 7pm on a Sat. Night. Room was clean and comfortable. A little noise from the interstate but sound reduction windows helped. Breakfast was hot and the dining area was clean and neat.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Heather M, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Carlisle, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Michael C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I will make sure Zach sees your comments regarding his great service. We appreciate your compliments and look forward to accommodating you again the next time you are in the Carlisle, PA area!

WV
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were traveling from WV to MA and decided to stop here for one night for a break. The two ladies at the front desk were so nice, and they offered us some freshly baked cookies, which were SO good!!!! Check in was easy, room was fine. The problem came the next morning when before checking out I took a shower, when I closed the shower curtain the inside was either stained or dirty...it was very disgusting. I left a note for housekeeping and hope they took care of the problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tinybear
Dear tinybear,

I truly appreciate you taking a few minutes to review your stay with us. I am thrilled you received great service from our staff. I can also assure you the issue you mentioned regarding the shower curtain was addressed immediately and corrected. I hope you will accept our apologies for the condition of the curtain and we look forward to exceeding your expectations upon your next visit.

Kensington, Connecticut
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My daughter and I stopped here on our way home to Connecticut from South Carolina as it was easily accessible from I-81 and was pet friendly. That's pretty much where the positives stop. Sadly when we opened the door to our room we were hit with a very strong musty/pet/ stale smell. Had we not been so exhausted and worried we wouldn't be able to find another hotel that would take our pets, we would have checked out immediately. Paint and wallpaper were chipping off the walls in the bathroom, surprising that this is a Marriott property. The staff was about the only thing positive I have to say for this hotel. The check-in person Anthony was wonderful. Very sweet, friendly, and quick to get us into our room. Maybe the regular rooms are ok, but if your staying with a pet, I'd choose elsewhere.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Heather M, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Carlisle, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear MaryBethMac,

I am truly sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience at our property. While it is our policy to deep clean each of our pet-friendly rooms after a pet stays, I will certainly investigate what may have caused the pet/stale smell you mentioned. Additionally, please always feel free to bring any issue to our attention during your stay so that we may correct the issue immediately. We strive to provide comfort and exceed expectations when you stay at the Country Inn and Suites in Carlisle and truly value all opportunity to do so.

If you would like to contact me to discuss your experience further I would be happy to hear from you. Otherwise, I would like you to know your comments have been heard, and I hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future.

west virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Loved this hotel and would come back again.
I was able to check in early as part of a bonus given.
The desk staff was extremely helpful.
The hotel was easily accessible from the highway (I81) which I was hoping for.
The road noise from I81 was minimal thanks to a noise reduction insert in the window.
Restaurants were close so the shuttle wasn't needed.
The whirlpool in the room was a bit smaller than expected but was enjoyed.
Loved the breakfast and the fact it was served on china.
The hotel was quaint. I liked that.
I would strongly suggest this hotel and will repeat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kricket22,

Thank you for writing such kind words about your experience at our property! We truly appreciate it and look forward to continually providing you with the excellent service that is the standard for our guests. See you soon!