“Once we got past the initial customer service hicup it was great”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Carlisle
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“Once we got past the initial customer service hicup it was great”
Reviewed April 23, 2011

This trip was supposed to be just my wife and I but we ended up bringing our 22 month old son. I called the day before we were supposed to check in (We got the room very reasonably on priceline) and spoke to someone from the front desk and I asked if there were any suites available so my son could sleep in his own room and we wouldn't wake him up when we went to bed or watched TV.. She said there was nothing she could do on the phone, but just tell the clerk that we spoke to her and it'll be no problem to just put us in a bigger room. We went to check in and the guy at the desk after we told him the above typed on the computer and said oh sorry we don't have any suites available. My wife baby and I went to the room ate our dinner and my wife looked on the website and saw that there were indeed at least 4 suites available. I went back down asked the guy to look again as we were on their site and he made up some kind of excuse charged me twenty bucks and upgraded us.

After that hicup the hotel was fantastic, we were on the highway side but I am a heavy sleeper so it didn't bother me. Very comfortable bed impeccably clean room and really nice and warm pool. Great hotel however if you are a very light sleeper try to get a room away from the highway side as you may get annoyed by road noise, but if you sleep with the TV on you won't even really notice it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
cornelius nc
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now, and it is a great place to stay. Our first visit was during a snow storm and for over 24 hours we had only eaten junk (since no restaurants were open) the girl at the front desk asked if we needed anything and offered to go in the back and she brought us out bread and peanut butter/jelly packs so I could make the kids sandwiches. It was 10 at night and I really appreciated it. The last time we stayed there in August it was also wonderful. There is an indoor pool and hot tub which is a really nice way to relax after traveling. Also for women traveling alone it is nice to know that the police station is right across the road!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Was Driving through so i came late at night. They upgraded my room and when i got in there, by far this was the greatest room ive ever stayed in. You could tell that not many people have been in the room before me, and the layout was amzing. the only negitive about my stay there was the hotel was a bit out of the way from the turnpike

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Babylon, New York
Reviewed December 30, 2010

This is indeed a pleasant place with a friendly staff. One caveat would be that there is a great deal of noise overnight from I81, which goes directly past the hotel. Get a room facing away from the highway, or perhaps the 3rd or 4th floor would be quieter.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 24, 2010

This is a newer hotel, off the beaten path. The ambience is cozy, warm and inviting. The staff was wonderful. Our room had a king size bed and a jacuzzi. The room was spotless, no funny smells, etc. Free breakfast every morning including biscuits and gravy, eggs and bacon, waffles, fresh fruit, etc. The indoor pool is small, but nice. They even had a big bucket of toys for the kids to play with. This was genuinely a nice place to stay and we would stay there again given the chance.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
usa
Reviewed November 28, 2010

asked for a room away from noise and dogs. was up in middle of night with banging on walls and children yelling and crying for two nights an a room not cleaned after being away for six hours with know signs on the door . then an hour an a half later the children started again so we moved to another room which was very hard on my legs. the front desk was nice other then in the middle of the friday when i called and she told me to come to the front desk an get a key to move rooms we were in bed in pj's. the manager owner was called sat evening an was driving but could have called back later but couldn't be troubled until monday when we are checking out and going to my sons college early in the morning. on sunday we were waiting for our room to be cleaned an called at about 1 pm to see about getting it cleaned the nite before the bathroom had hair in bath&shower sink had something from a lip pencil which i cleaned up with wipes i had with me when the cleaning person banged on the door we went down to the lobby and i told the front desk person about needing a chance to get up and go to the door before they open it. the front desk person then then handed me a phone a few min later the owner manager was on the other end this man doesn't want to be bothered by anyone including the staff i have never in all the years i have traveled had someone yelling at me on the phone in the lobby of a hotel i was crying after this it has been an terrible stay at this hotel the beds are to hard walls are paper thin an the staff was upset by this man ruddness

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I rolled in at about 1am after driving for 14 hours by myself. The staff were a total comfort-- very nice, helpful, genuinely friendly. The room was large, very clean, and the big flat screen helped me relax from the drive. The free breakfast had a large selection. I do wish they would not have had a landscaping crew using lod machines in the morning, other than that it was a fantastic stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo