“Dart away home this place”

Super 8 Carlisle North
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
New Jersey
“Dart away home this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

I just recently stayed at this hotel and I'm telling u to don't waste ur time it was disgusting!!!! And definitely not worth the money that we spent on the place !!! When we first got there I opened the door and it was like a gross cheap wh0re house, the walls were caving in an it looked like they tried to cover it up with wall paper which didn't help at all the bathroom looked like it was just used because the toilet was still running the smell was absolutely horrible. I looked at the tv an it was probably 30 years old and had like 30 years of caked on cigarette smoke on it I wiped the tv with a rag and the stuff that came off made me feel like I was going to puke and the sheets an blankets were just as bad!!! We had to stay because we were going to a carshow but believe me we tried to find a place to go but everyone was sold out except super 8 north carlilse lol should have quess. We spent most our weekend outside in the driveway but there was cops an drug dogs that were there every 5 mins( we actually did time it ) it was like we were in jail. I would highly recommend to others to stay away please!!!!!! And do not believe the pictures !!!!!

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Brighton, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

Didn't really expect much else from a Super 8. Stayed here while on a trip to visit family during the holidays strictly as an overnight break / sleep stop mid-trip. Were travelling with myself, wife, 2 children and a dog.

Biggest positive was that based on stopping at 4 different hotels, this one had the cheapest total combined room and pet fee.

Counter help was semi-rude when we checked in; however, the next morning, she was still at the front desk, and was very courteous and helpful (talking to her, she was on a 10-hour shift, and we caught her at the start the night before, and at the end the following morning).

We had a first floor room, and everything seemed fine. Room was OK, nothing more to be expected than from a Super 8. However, after we had the heater running and were in bed, we were wondering why it was still very cold in our room. I took a good look at our door and door frame, and there was absolutely no "stops" around the door frame. I could litterally see right outside between the door and frame, and the wind/cold was coming right in. I would have asked for another room, but by this time, kids were asleep, and it was late...we just bundled under the blankets! The mattress was rock-hard, but again, to be expected from a Super 8.

Our dog usually does very well in hotels, but he didn't like this room either....dog was pacing all night, and very unsettled. Makes you wonder what the history of that room was! :)

Continental breakfast was adequate for us and kids to grab a bite before getting back on the road.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Carlisle hotels

Marietta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

This is an older Super 8, but the rooms are clean and quiet and the staff helpful. Fridge and microwave in room. King bed comfortable. Breakfast includes, juice, coffee, doughnuts, muffins, cereal, etc.

Middlesex Diner is right across the road. Great home cooking and a huge menu of choices for any meal.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inner courtyard are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Edgewood, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

My partner and I needed a room for the night and stayed here. Very nice front desk clerk, very knowledgeable of the areas and events nearby. Basic room, but very clean, and the smoking room didn't even smell like cigarettes, very pleased and will definitely stay here again. Also the have truck parking right next door, lots of truck parking!

• Stayed October 2011
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

My biggest mistake - not reading the reviews!
I would not stay here again if they paid me too - my rating is 0!

Very unfriendly (upset cause I asked for 2 keys) - sour smell - not clean - and I was eaten alive by bed bugs! Yes - disgusting!

I have had some bad times in traveling and this was by far the absolute worst!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed here for a work trip. All the other hotels were sold out because of the car show we were working at. The first night, my co-worker and I noticed an enormous spider in the bathroom and a dead cochroach by her bed. We stayed there 3 nights and by the second night I noticed bite marks that I thought were mosquitos. No, come to find out after I get home that they are bed bug bites. They were the most horrible insect bites I have ever received and you can't do anything about them. Super 8 is filthy and I would never stay there again. We stayed on one of the bottom floor rooms. I am scarred for life and don't even want to go back to PA in general because of that hotel experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Vermont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

I spent one night in this hotel and it was disgusting. The price was outrageous because of a car show. I was taking a child back to college and couldn't wait to get out. There was a ring around the bathtub, filthy floor and even though it was supposed to be non-smoking - the place wreaked. They have the audacity to have a sign in the breakfast room that you can't take food out of the room, yet there are only 3 small tables that were full. Trucks everywhere and a very loud highway.

Happy to be home in clean Vermont.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family