“NEVER again - filthy”

Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Vermont
“NEVER again - filthy”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I spent one night in this hotel and it was disgusting. The price was outrageous because of a car show. I was taking a child back to college and couldn't wait to get out. There was a ring around the bathtub, filthy floor and even though it was supposed to be non-smoking - the place wreaked. They have the audacity to have a sign in the breakfast room that you can't take food out of the room, yet there are only 3 small tables that were full. Trucks everywhere and a very loud highway.

Happy to be home in clean Vermont.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
DC
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed was with family and we had 2 connecting rooms and a single. All 3 rooms were clean and comfortable. The beds were nice and everything looked very clean. The front desk staff was VERY nice and helpful. We mixed up our directions and the lady in the morning was very helpful getting us back on track.
I have to say the breakfast wasn't that great. The milk tasted bad like it was spoiled and the bread was stall. The coffee was bad but I think that's because of the water. My only real complaint was the water. Showering was fine, but when we drank the water it had a bad taste. I noticed while brushing my teeth then again in the morning when getting a drink.
The price was right and it was close to the intersate. So it was easy off and easy on.
Overall I'd stay again... but I'd skip the breakfast.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank seasonedtravelerDc
Marietta
Reviewed November 22, 2010

My wife and I have stayed here three times over the past 3 years, and we have not encountered the unclean conditions cited by other reviewers. Our most recent stay was Nov. 18-19, and we went to the antique show in Carlisle. This is an older Super 8, but most rooms are distant from the busy road so it's pretty quiet. The room has the basics and everything worked OK, although the toilet seat needed tightening. The breakfast is really basic: coffee, doughnuts, small cupcake-style muffins, English muffins, bagels, and choice of Rice Krispies or Froot Loops (we bring our own juice choices). On the downside, this is the first Wyndham hotel/motel I've ever been in that charged to use the computer in the front office ($1 for 10 minutes on the internet). For good home-style cooking and a huge menu of lunch/dinner choices, the Middlesex Diner is right across the road.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JamesOhio_USA
Gardiner, Maine
Reviewed August 19, 2010

This was a disgusting place. I walked into the lobby and it hadn't been vacuumed in what looked like weeks. The continental breakfast area was dirty. They gave us our room key and we didn't even have to walk in before we were knocked out by the smell. We immediately asked for another room. The wife didn't want to give us another but the husband said it was ok. That wasn't much better. Stains and bugs in the sheets. The towels were yellowed. The carpet was so gross I told my kids to not walk around without their shoes on. There was a huge cockroach on the ground outside our room. I decided I couldn't do this to my kids and went to the front desk and told her we were checking out and she wouldn't give me a refund. I threw the key across her desk and told her that was fine because this place was disgusting and we went to another hotel.....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank livinthelife26

Travelers are raving about these Carlisle hotels

Stoneville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We stayed here on our way to Niagara Falls. My wife booked 3 rooms well in advance for this trip. We were planning on heading to Hershey for the day and needed a close place to sleep before our final trip to Niagara Falls. We were traveling with our group of 14 people. We got to the hotel earlier than expected and an hour before check in. We stopped and asked if we could possibly get into our rooms to drop of our bags and things so we didn't have to worry about it later at night. They didn't have our rooms ready and we were fine with that. We left and did our trip to Hershey and Lancaster and got back to the hotel about 9:30pm. We checked in and had 3 rooms close to one another as requested. We went up the stairs to our room and the hallways and staircase smelled like mildew. We got into our rooms and the shower had almost no water pressure (typical hotel). My kids wanted to use the pool so my wife got them ready to go to the pool for a few mins before bed and got to the pool and there were people drinking beer, being loud and one of the women was wearing a bikini that barely covered her areas that should be covered. Our room was fine for the night, but one of the other rooms that our group was in had hair in the clean bed and all over the shower. All in all for the price we paid we can't complain. We were trying to book a room there for our return trip and they wanted double what we paid this night because of a car show in town. I am kind of glad that we didn't stay again.

• Stayed August 2010
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
Reviewed October 25, 2009

The first room stank like mold -- I know it's not the Ritz, so I was okay with that. I was less okay with the blood stain on the pillow and the fact that the shower didn't work. We switched rooms. The desk staff just stared when we explained the problem with the shower not working, and didn't apologize. The second room we got didn't smell, but there were also stains on the bedspread and sheets. The shower worked, but there were stray hairs in it. Around the toilet was a ring of black filth. On the sink, there were several whisker trimmings. I was willing to accept all of this filth as part of staying in a cheap motel . . . UNTIL I saw the FILTHY washcloth draped over the hand towels by the sink. It was yellow, as if someone had blown his nose into it, and had clearly been used recently since it had not been folded like the other towels and washcloths. This made me wonder whether they were actually cleaning any part of the room, including the supposedly clean towels and sheets. The morning breakfast was a disappointment, with weak Tang in the orange juice dispenser and a paltry selection of emaciated, lonely doughnuts. I certainly do not recommend this rat's nest to anyone! The Ramada down the street is only $10 more and I'm sure it isn't a health hazard.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Mid-Atlantic
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I stayed for a long term work trip. I told the staff I work nights, but was consistently awoke by the staff trying to clean my room at 11am. The hot water didn't work for several days. Then, after a month of staying in my room, I was asked to switch rooms because some guy likes to rent that specific room every year for the car show.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business