“Convenient lodging”

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel during car show weekends for almost the past 10 years. So, when I found myself traveling and in need of a hotel, I immediately thought of this one because I know what to expect. I also knew the price would be MUCH lower than what I'm used to paying during car shows. There were 2 cars and a bus parked in the lot. The place appeared nearly empty.

Phil, the Manager, wasn't around. Instead, a woman and a young man assisted in my check in. I had looked at rates online a couple of days before, but I hadn't booked a room because I wasn't sure where I'd be stopping for the night. The young man told me, "It's a car show weekend. The price is $99.95." I replied with, "It is NOT a car show weekend!" The price dropped by 1/3. As a repeat customer, I really resented being lied to. Had I not been familiar with the hotel, I would've left and found a place cheaper than $99 on a Thursday night.

The room was fine. My companion had never stayed there before, so he was intrigued by the thick plastic on the beds. The caulk in the tub needs freshening. The showerhead had a lot of hard water build-up. These are easy fixes that would make a big difference.

There wasn't a musty smell. I'm mentioning this because others have commented on it. WiFi worked fine. The temp was such that we didn't need heat or AC. Overall, the room was clean, and we had a decent night's sleep.

Breakfast is basic. Go a mile up the road and eat at the Middlesex Diner instead. You won't be sorry.

I'll be back in July. I've been assured the pool will be fixed by then. (It wasn't operable during the summer.) I was tempted to say something to Phil about the deceptive rate I was quoted, but I didn't. Since then, it's bothered me. Do your homework, and check the dates of car shows.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012

WORST MOTEL IN THE USA

I'm amazed that anyone has given this less than average motel a good rating!! Where do I start, the office was a mess and the attendant not the friendliest . We should have walked out when he gave me the inflated price!! It was late so decided to stay big mistake, yes the room was large but had a musty smell and the taps in the bathroom sink did't work! Beds were very average and the wifi did't work, which we really needed!
The breakfast was very sparse and the the room was dirty!!
I tried to tell the office attendant that I was unhappy about the wifi and all he said was mine works fine!!
Upon check out I spoke with others who had stayed and they had the same issues and said they will never return "worst motel ever"
Previous to this I had stayed at 35+ cheap motels in a row travelling across the same USA and can honestly say this is by far the worst!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2012

the manageme here has a very friendly attitude and makes your stay as plesent as possible. Rooms were veryu clean and spacious.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple