“if you have another option for close to the same price, take it” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Carlisle-South

Super 8 Carlisle-South
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
“if you have another option for close to the same price, take it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed here as our travel softball team was playing nearby. We stay at a lot of these budget type places, this one does.t measure up to most. it was clean, and inexpensive. The bed had a worn out mattress, that was low in the middle, made it hard for two people to sleep, kept rolling together. Breakfast was very sparse, most people just went to the macdonald's. another in our group had to change rooms because of the smell. Ours did not have any sort of oder I could detect.

Room Tip: Don't think it matters much, but the rooms in the back may be quieter, although I would not park...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Stow, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

They decent bedding a welcome host for the bedbugs that bit me.
I had 6 bites in a row on lh back ,shoulder and arm . Wish I'd notice before checking out as I would have blasted the management.
The window was fully open when we arrived to air which we wonder if it was to air out the place. It smelled musty , a sorta foul odor.
The bathroom had some mold and mildew going on.
The room was rough looking in more than one area . I could drag this out forever if I included all the issues . Multiplug adapters in walls since the place hasn't been rewired for all the electronic necessities today. I'm sure 3 to 6 items plugged into these isn't safe.
The rooms are dated and small , the carpet looks old . it was bad all around.
The heat/ac unit did a fair job of drowning out the highway noise.
Looks okay from the outside but looks can be deceiving .
I'd say this place needs a major fumigation and remodeling or they could just level it and start over.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I think it was clean, and the bathroom was fine, except that I had to fix the toilet after it stopped flushing. But $126 for a Friday night in that location right next to the highway? One of the drawers in the bureau was pushed in, the light switch shuts off the TV as well as all of the lights, and the plugs are overloaded with three-in-one plugs. The worst part is that it was advertised on the Internet for $99 and ended up being $126. It was the most expensive hotel we stayed in and in the worst condition on our weeklong bike trip from Mass to Myrtle Beach. The free breakfast was mediocre compared to others we had on the trip.

Room Tip: Try across the street at the Day's Inn.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Carlisle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

For the past few years I have always stayed across the street at another hotel when I was in Carlisle. This year I wanted to save some money so I book at the Super 8 and saved $40 per night. Happy I did. Staff was very nice and friendly and the room was as nice as the other hotel. Only thing that should be taken into consideration is road noise from I81. If you are not used to the sound of a highway it could be tough to fall asleep. It is not overwhelmingly loud but you can hear it. Oh and the wifi works great but you have to reconnect every 5 minutes. Not good when trying to upload photo coverage from one of the Carlisle car shows.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo