“Room infested with bed bugs!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Carlisle-South

Super 8 Carlisle-South
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Dover, Delaware
“Room infested with bed bugs!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

When we first got to the hotel it seemed fine, although when we entered the bathroom, the toilet had dry pee all over it a pubic hairs. The lady at the front desk gave us cleaner to clean it ourselves. The next morning i found a bed bug on the shower curtain and although the sheets were clean, when we pulled the sheets back the bugs were all over the crevices of the mattresses. We promptly asked for a refund and stayed elsewhere that next night. The front desk lady was very nice but said its only been a couple months since the last bed bug complaint. I would guess they arent treating it properly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New Matamoras, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Good place to stay. Clean. Well run. If there are no special events going on it has a great price tag. Not to far from Harrisburg, Gettysburg, Hershey and Amish country. They also have a continental breakfast. It consists of cereal, fruit, yogurt, toast, cinnamon rolls, coffee and juice.Micro-fridge in the rooms as well as a coffeemaker. Near to restaurants and shopping. located in a safe area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Terrible service. Dirty. The hallways stunk of stale cigarette smoke before we even entered the room, and I'm a smoker! The carpets were worn out. The bath drain kept getting blocked and the desk clerk basically said it was our fault, that there was nothing wrong with it. The Wireless internet was almost totally useless. It kept cutting out and every time I called the desk to mention it he said "I will just reset my router" and then it would be fine for another 2 minutes and then stop again. Very Very rude desk clerk! Would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, that way you might get a good room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Carlisle hotels

Cleves, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We booked here because the group that we were traveling with was already staying here. Before making my reservation, I did my research and saw all of these negative reviews about this place. I went ahead and booked so we could be with our friends, but I really worried about what we may be walking in to. I had read tons of negative comments about smelly hallways and rooms, non working A/C units, non working refrigerators, crappy or non existant WI-FI, filthy rooms bed bugs! We drove 8 hours to get here, and when we walked in the lobby, I was pleasantly suprised. I thought the place was pretty clean. We have stayed in plenty of Super 8's all over the country and they can be pretty hit or miss. Don't get me wrong...it was definitely not a 3 or 4 star hotel, but as far as Super 8 standards it was average or slightly above. I didn't notice the smell that people had complained about in the other reviews and it looked like the place had been recarpeted and painted recently. Our room was on the first floor so I don't know about the condition of the upper floors, but the first floor seemed ok. There was a small breakfast area. Seemed fairly clean, but minimal choices of breakfast foods. The clerk was friendly, prompt and professional . Our room was also better than expected. I checked for bugs. None found. TV was older, but worked fine and had more than average channel choices. A/C and fridge worked fine. Carpet in room looked newer. No signs of stains or wear. The Wi-Fi was pretty good in our room. Was able to email, and watch video clips with minimal
buffering. Bathroom was ok. The caulking was kind of nasty on the sink, but the bathroom overall was ok. Plenty of hot water, decent water pressure and plenty of towels. The place does have an elevator. We've stayed at a lot of Super 8's that don't! Ice machine worked. Lots of construction workers were staying here. Their vehicles took up extra space in the parking lot, but still had room to park, and felt safe in the parking lot at night. Several fast food choices close by. Hotel is located right next to interstate, I didn't notice any annoying traffic noises from inside of my room. The beds were in fair to good shape...have slept on worse...but have definitely could have been better! Overall not a bad place, and more than ok if you are used to staying at Super 8.

• Stayed August 2012
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

the lobby smelled of lots of cigarette smoke as did the hallways, enough to give you a headache. The location was RIGHT along I 81, so it was noisy, but I kept the window open with the a/c on to avoid the seepage of that cigarette smell from the hallway.
The wifi was worthless in my room, worthless. In the lobby it worked. Recepticles in the room did not work. Something bit me in bed on my foot, or maybe it was from the carpet, whatever.
This place needs gutting.

Room Tip: go to the Days Inn across the street. It is worth the $20 more
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Staying here was a mistake. I had to stay for states for track and field high school. And the school payed for it and booked the super 8. When me and My team mate walked into the place it just looked old and gross! So when we got our rooms me and my friend looked around.... We found hair in the fridge, and on the towels, there was stains on the bed and pillows an sheets. Also hair in the beds. There were old webs on the ceiling marks all over the walls and brown stuff on them. The door looked like you could just kick it in.. Half the lights didnt evenOur air conditioner was leaking. And there was a creepy maids entrance in the back of our room. We didn't have a door knob and it looked scary. So we put chairs up to block anyone from entering! But I doubt they even have maids cause our bath room had red stuff on the walls and ceiling! Who knows what it was could be blood!!! The shower was patched up and stained. And the bottom of the shower was brown and filthy.. Our room smelled so bad too. We found beer caps on our floor by the night stand too so people probs had a one night stand and it was so obvious the sheets weren't cleaned after. I will never stay their again! The rooms just screams death trap. And it smells like smoke on the pillows and sheets. Our coaches room was even worst! It reeked of smoke and we got the non smoking rooms too!

• Stayed May 2012
Redmond, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

My brother and I were attending a car show in August of 2011 in Carlisle and decided at the last minute to stay in Carlisle. We found a room available at the Super 8. Checked in around at 11pm and woke up around 1:30am to beds full of bed bugs. I do not like to put down anybody or place, but this was a disgusting experience. Checked out immediately and went on to another hotel outside of Carlisle. All I can say is check your bed carefully when first arriving in your room. They did refund our money which is about the least they could do. However, for my brother and I, this case is still open.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family