“Not bad for the price”

Econo Lodge Carlisle
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Overall it was a comfortable stay. This hotel is broken up into 2 styles. There is the 3-story enclosed hotel, then there are a couple 2-story exterior motel buildings in the back. I stayed in one of the motel buildings and wondered the whole time, if the rooms in the hotel were nicer. Over 3 days, there were 2 points in which there was little hot water. Also the A/C leaked and the carpet all around the front door was wet. I wasn't in the room much, so it didn't bother me much. The Bed was comfy and the A/C did blow cold air, so I was happy. The front desk was friendly and the breakfast did look decent, but did not eat there.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

NOT the worst hotel ever but could use a little work. Suited our needs. Was very quiet! Plenty of hot water! AC worked awesome!! Good nights rest! Extremely polite staff! Gentleman checking us in at midnight was super nice and very helpful!!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We were actually across the street at another hotel ready to check in and we used an app on the phone to find nearby hotels because we weren't even considering going to Econolodge!

However, the prices so much lower than the building look kind of knew that we thought we would come over and take a look. We were but it's a brand-new hotel looks as nice as a Hampton Inn! The bathroom is one of those rounded shower curtains and the king bed was ver nice.

MAKE SURE you talk to Bandy at the front desk and ask for a discount on a nicer room. We were going to get the 2 queen bed room but he had this nicer room with fridge etc and gave it for $5 more at $59. Great deal!!!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KarlMessner
Reviewed April 30, 2014

On an OTR business trip I encountered this property and decided on this even though there were a half-dozen hotels/motels in the area. What first caught my eye was the exterior decor which made it stand out from the others. Secondly, it was easily accessible from the highway with plenty of parking for my truck. And finally, it was just 1/4 mile from the Blue Beacon Truck Wash which is what brought me here. I was quoted a "professional driver" discount which was the lowest I have encountered so far this year. I was offered a room away from the busy traffic with easy access to my truck. Room was recently "remodeled" which was not easily apparant but it was roomy, clean and comfortable with all the amenities a professional driver would need. Restaurants nearby and convenience store across the street. Complimentary paper and breakfast in the AM. Exactly what I needed for a very reasonable price. I would stay here again and don't feel a need to "shop around" for a better deal in Carlisle, PA. Tichiganblues

Room Tip: Both Hotel and Motel rooms available. Recommend rooms facing away from traffic on busy road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The front desk is outstanding. The front desk manager is extremely helpful and has outstanding customer service. Rooms are very comfortable and always very clean. Prices are great. I was here for an extended stay and was always treated with the up most respect. I am a Disabled United States Marine Corp Veteran and I stayed for extended stay and was treated wonderful. We have been treated absolutely outstanding here. We loved it here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Dirty, creepy, smelly. I felt scared sleeping in these rooms, the bathrooms had hair all over them, the floors smelled weird, the paintings were old, the beds were uncomfortable. Definitely would never ever go here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank srhnclptt
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed one nite. Needs some Attention light fixtures on wall Falling away from wall. Bathroom needs holes in wall fixed and paint. Diabetic & Need to keep insulin Cold and Refrigerator was unplugged. But bed was comfortable. We have stayed in other Best westerns on or Trip and found them in much better shape.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank r50mini
EconoLodge C, General Manager at Econo Lodge Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

On behalf of our staff-members, I thank you for your comments. We greatly value your feedback and will promptly address the problems pointed out by you. Here at the Econo Lodge we always strive to provide a good comfortable stay for all our guests like the hotel brand you mentioned at much more affordable room rates. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope to serve you better in the future.