“EXCELLENT SERVICE AND VERY CLEAN!”

Hampton Inn Carlisle
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed November 30, 2010

My spouse and I felt as though the room was extremely clean. The staff was very helpful and cheerful! We felt very comfortable and almost at home. Would definitely stay at this hotel over and over again when in this area! We were also very pleasantly suprised with the enormous breakfast that was included.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristy73
Management response:Responded December 3, 2010

Hello Ohio travelers! We see a lot of travelers from Ohio and you are all so friendly and fun to meet!
We appreciate your kind words about our property and our staff. It always brightens our day to get such nice reviews! We hope to see you and your spouse again. Don't be afraid to let us know you gave us KUDOS on trip advisor! We'd love to meet you face to face and say THANKS!
Safe Travels and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 28, 2010

This Hampton Inn was a very good place to stay. It was clean and quiet. The rooms had a refrigerator and microwave which is very convenient. It had a good breakfast which was well stocked with whatever you needed. Everyone was very helpful. Good to be able to get coffee 24/7.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank enjoytravel0410
Management response:Responded December 7, 2010

Thank you to our Virginia Travelers for such a nice review! We really appreciate when travelers take the extra time to share their experience with other travelers! Every time I read a review I wonder if I met the reviewer personally, and this time is no exception. You put a smile on all our faces and we are happy you enjoyed your time with us!

Safe Travels and Happy Holidays!

General Manager at the Hampton Inn in Carlisle, PA

Reviewed November 28, 2010

This is an older Hampton but is nicely maintained and very clean. We have stayed here twice and chose the hotel because they allowed us to bring our golden retriever. At check-in, they even had a dog treat for him. I would typically rate a hotel like this one a 3 but their dog-friendliness makes it a 4. We will happily stay here again.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded December 3, 2010

Thank you for posting such a nice review on our property! We love all our guests, even the "four legged" kind! Some people shy away from hotels that are pet friendly but we've found most people whom travel with pets are very conscientious of the luxury of traveling with pets. Our deep cleaning process after a pet stays with us is very detailed and the housekeeping staff is determined to keep our pet friendly accommodations equally as clean as the non pet rooms!
Honestly, sometimes it's just fun seeing the variety of pets that come through our doors and we've yet to see one we wouldn't welcome back!
Enjoy your travels with your Golden Retriever. We understand he is part of your family too!
Best Regards from all of us at the Hampton Inn in Carlisle, PA!

Reviewed October 1, 2010

This hotel was perfect in every way - friendly and helpful staff at check-in, clean rooms and pool - everything I expect from Hampton Inn, which is why I'm a Diamond member. However, when the hotel alarms went off early in the morning (about 6:30), the hotel provided no guidance. We were getting dressed in our room when we heard the alarms going off throughout the building. When we looked out our room door, we also saw white flashing lights up and down the hallways. We were unsure what to do for a while - thinking it was a false alarm - but after 5 minutes when the alarms were still going off, and then we could start to smell hot electrical (we were on the ground floor), we decided to get the heck outside, and gathered up our 4 year old still in her pj's, and headed out. As we walked through the lobby, we looked for a staff member to give us some direction. There was someone working at the front desk, but he was on the phone, and he was not making eye contact with any of the other customers who were also starting to accumulate in the lobby. We decided on our own to go outside. Shortly after that, the fire trucks appeared (three of them). After we had been outside for maybe a half hour, the first employee of the Hampton Inn made her appearance - a nice girl from the breakfast staff who made the rounds to ask us all if we were okay and if we needed anything. She told us that the problems was some sort of short in their electrical room, and that everything was fine.

What was unbelievable to me is that even after the fire trucks arrived, customers were still exiting the building - some of them fully dressed and packed an hour after the first sound of alarms. We hear a lot about people still being afraid of a terrorist attack - but apparently they had no fear in Carlisle PA.

There was no apparent effort by hotel staff to make sure that the building was fully evacuated when the alarms went off. I stay at hotels approximately 100 nights a year, and have for 10 years, and this is the first experience of a hotel "fire" that I've had. Not sure if this is indicative of how hotels handle emergencies of this sort, but it was not reassuring.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
CRSchlossr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2010

Hello to our friend in Maine,

You are right on all counts. The emergency ended up to be minor (short in dryer), but our reaction to the situation was lacking. After the event, we were able to look back and work out better ways to handle the situation. I think most people will agree that even when there are safety guidelines in place, and they are practiced monthly...until the situation happens, you never really know for sure how the page will turn. We certainly do apologize that our reaction time/preparedness was not up to par. Possibly we can offer comfort to you and other travelers that we are NOW very experienced on handling this type of emergency situation. Another comfort should be knowing that all of our alarm systems were up and active to the point of being connected to the local fire authority.

We hope you will give us a 2nd try. We are all crossing our fingers that there won't be any additional emergency situations - it wasn't "fun" for any of us.

I also want to thank you for the more "positive" things in your review. We really do try to make the guest experience outstanding and are ashamed that we didn't "wow" you completely!

Reviewed September 24, 2010

Nice Cozy Hotel. Very accomodating staff with excellent customer service. Professional atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Management response:Responded October 1, 2010

Thank you for sharing your experience at our location with other travelers! Ilda will be pleased to know she had personal recognition in a review. We are lucky to have a staff who truly cares about our guests. We really try our best to make sure we meet our guests needs whether they are looking for the perfect restaurant, something to do with children, or just somewhere new to visit! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed September 16, 2010

Stayed here one night on our trip to the east coast. The front desk agent was very nice and accomodating. She gave us a whole list of printed reccomendations for restaurants with directions etc. The room was clean and comfy and the breakfast in the morning was tasty. There were omelets with cheese, sausage, make your own waffles and and assortment of juices and pastries. The room was decent with a fridge and microwave.

The thing that I found to be a "deal breaker" for me was the congregation of about 6 20 something year olds directly outside the front of the hotel with a car parked, listening to music (vulger lyrics at times) etc. If I had seen this when I drove up, I would have kept driving. This went on for over 3 hours. At some point, there was a pizza party with beer and all. I have to say, I have never seen this allowed at the front of a hotel, ever. I first thought ppl were checking out and loading up their car, but that was not the case. Each time I went to use the smoke area, the party was continuing. Other guests commented to us also that they were surprised at this and would not have stayed either if not tired from driving, which was the case for us as well. I saw at least one set of guests complain to the front desk. Honestly, I am not even sure if these were hotel guests or if a hotel guest invited friends to the party. For this reason, I can not reccomend this hotel although it was clean and in an area with a lot of food options. If not for this, I definately would have but this was just too strange.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
CRSchlossr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2010

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your review on our property. You had so many nice things to say that I am ashamed you had to add something unsatisfactory. Please give us a second try! We know we can make you smile!

As soon as I read your review I knew exactly what date you were referring to. A well known Country Music singer stayed with us about a month ago and was sitting outside talking to a friend. Other guests staying at our hotel recognized him (he had a tour bus parked outside) and asked him if he would sing for them. What was supposed to have been a quick 15 minute "solo" became a musical " jubilee" right at the entrance of the hotel. It was hard to determine if it was a hindrance because no one really complained, (you are right, many asked what was going on and/or if the musician was who they thought it was). Luckily, the musical act only lasted a couple hours and it was over way before normal "bed time."

We've never had the musical situation before and do not intend on having it happen again. We'd love to have you stay with us again. Please remember Hampton Inn's offer a 100% Guarantee.

Reviewed September 14, 2010

This is a reflection on Hampton Inns.I'm suffering a broken ankle, but, have to travel for business, with assistance from a family member.I wanted two queen beds, instead of a king. but needed a handicap accessible bathroom. Hampton Inn only offers handicap accessible in King. So, I asked if the other rooms, two queens (I'm sure often frequented by senior citizens as well) would have "safety bars" in their showers, bathrooms. I was shocked to find that the front desk didn't know. Neither did customer service at 1-800-Hampton! When I asked the front desk to check. They found that only the King handicap rooms have the safety bars in the showers.Basically, they're opening themselves up to lawsuits, by not providing safer options in their bathrooms. I'm only "handicapped" temporarily. But, having aging parents, and nearing middle-age myself, I think this is apalling that the senior citizens who so often travel & stay in Hampton Inns don't have more safety options to rely on in a Hampton Inn bathroom, without getting a MORE expensive, King room. Shame, shame.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank wvcousin
Management response:Responded October 1, 2010

Dear Traveler,

Please note, all Hampton Inn properties, and all Hilton properties have safety bars in every guest bath. I think maybe there was a misunderstanding regarding your room request. Possibly the desk agent and/or the Hilton representative thought you needed a complete ADA room. The reason we only have the King rooms set up as ADA certified is due to travelers with wheel chairs. We need the room with one bed because of the space needed to accommodate wheel chair accessibility. It is unfortunate if the ADA traveler prefers two beds, but I think most are aware of the way hotel accommodations need to be arranged. All our our ADA certified rooms do have an adjoining room so the guest with the wheel chair has the space they need as well as access to a traveling companion in the room adjoining. This set up also helps to give both travelers more privacy - yet the comfort of having someone close by.

We apologize for misguiding you, especially when you were already inconvenienced with a short term disability. Your posting gave us the opportunity to review the importance of getting a full understanding of what a guest is requesting - and will possibly help with future travelers who may have a similar request.

Please give us or other Hilton properties a 2nd try. We have so much to offer our travelers and we would hate for you to miss out. I'm sure you will be quite pleased to find there was just a misunderstanding with agents who thought you needed special ADA accommodations.

Safe travels - we hope you have a quick recovery!