“Clean, nice place to rest on a road trip”

Hampton Inn Carlisle
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Brooklyn, NY
“Clean, nice place to rest on a road trip”
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I'm a big fan of Hampton Inns, and this one was no exception. Nice employees, a clean pool to swim in, a generous breakfast buffet in the morning. They had a sign up saying they were renovating, but we weren't interrupted by any work crews. We used this as a stopping point between Pittsburgh and New York City and it worked out well.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
CRSchlossr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, July 11, 2010
Thank you for helping to promote our hotel. The thing unique about our staff is that "WE REALLY WANT OUR GUESTS TO ENJOY THEIR STAY!" When we get favorable responses from travelers such as yourselves, it helps to let other travelers know how hard we try to accomodate everyone. The next time you stop in, please try to introduce yourselves to me. I must say, I look forward to meeting "crazy and crazier!" :)

Safe Travels,

Chris Schlosser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 2, 2009

I booked a block of rooms for my son's wedding. The sales manager was very accomodating. I had a room there myself, and not one of our guests had any complaints. The rooms were clean, the staff helpful. My guests appreciated the breakfast. We will probably host our family reunion and people have already said they would enjoy staying here again. The only minor annoyance was trying to call the hotel and being put on hold for 5 minutes- I guess they were understaffed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lilcookie
CarlisleHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, November 4, 2009
Thank you for sharing a review regarding your stay with us. Your wedding group was a big one and we really tried to accomodate everyones needs! it makes us happy to know everyone was pleased with our service and property!! I appologize that you had to hold for extra time to make your reservation. We are heading into our "slower" season and out front desk attendant may have been working by his or her self and was probably helping another guest. This gives me the idea to have the desk agents take names and phone numbers to call back travelers who may have to placed on hold longer than normal! This shows how important reviews are because it helps us recognize situations and address them for future travelers.

Safe travels and congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Hagerstown, MD
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I travel extensively with my work and stay at Hilton Properties all over the East Coast and Midwest. The Hampton Inn Carlisle is a place of love to travel back to. From the friendliness of the Front Desk Staff when you arrive, the great breakfast every morning, and even the simple smiles and hellos of the house keeping staff. Everyone working there goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. The Manager of the Hampton, Christine, is very personable and a great person to deal with, she always has a smile on her face and takes 5 minutes to ask how things are and if there is anything else you need. The rooms are very nice and always clean. I would recomend this hotel to anyone as a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank mseekford
Thank you for your kind words! By seeing your email I know exactly who this is and myself and the staff enjoy having you stay with us too. I read your review with a big smile on my face! Our regular travelers become part of our family and this is the perfect example! We will make sure you have extra "M&M's" in your room the next time you stay since you were so nice to share a review on our hotel!! :)

Take Care,
Chris
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Selected this hotel due to the reputation of Hampton Inn and the fact this one was dog friendly. The hotel was clean and met all our needs. The staff was very professional. The entrance to the hotel could be better marked. It is difficult to find, we had to laugh as we were joined by a couple from Maine on an adjoining road also trying to find the entrance.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank breezdog
CarlisleHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, October 14, 2009
Thank you for such a pleasant review of our property!!

You are right, our entrance is a little tricky it's a common grumble with our guests. I wish we could work out something with the local municipality to put a road right in front of our hotel but they won't budge.

We really appreciate your nice words and look forward to having you stay with us again!
Lakewood, California
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I/we have stayed at this hotel numerous times throughout the years during the All Chrysler Nationals, which is held at the Carlisle fairgrounds.
I’ve seen this hotel get progressively worse over the years. Now that they are raising their rates to $161.00 a night for next year...I'm done.
In addition to never being able to find a parking spot in their miniscule parking lot...the cleanliness of their rooms has never been anything to write home about. I wear my flip- flops as soon as my shoes come off. I don't feel comfortable walking around barefoot...even in the shower.
I just don't feel this hotel is such a great deal for $161.00 a night.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank purple97cat
We are sorry we won't see you at our property again. It is always sad when our regular travelers venture to other locations. Please keep our number handy just incase something happens with your other reservations as we would love to try to accomodate you.

Our property has actually lowered the rates in 2009 and 2010 for our car show travelers. Luckily for us the car show you referred to brings a lot of classy travelers to our property and thankkfully most were satisfied with the rate reduction. Our property does offer a lot of extra ammenities other properties in our area do not - such as the on the house hot breakfast buffet, the indoor heated pool, our onsite fitness room, and the in room complimentary wireless internet,ect). To some people extra amenities are important and to some...they aren't.

Our hotel has the 2nd largest parking area of all the hotels in Carlisle, PA. During car shows we really try to accomodate all of our guests whom bring trailers but, unfortunately some people abuse the parking priveleges and when made aware we address the parking situations with these guests.

Again - we are sorry we won't be seeing you in 2010.

Yours in Hospitality,

Vermont
Reviewed August 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed for 1 night. Our room was non-smoking, but had a very strong old smoke smell. Bathroom shower walls were yellow stained in color with mildew on and around the facet area. We have always enjoyed staying at Hampton Inns and this one is not up to par. The hotel would benefit from being updated.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessifer1
Minneapolis
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Being that Carlisle is not exactly a major city, i wasn't expecting perfection. But this hotel is very nice for business travel. Nothing flashy but I don't need flashy for business.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor.

It's nice to know people remember to review their experiences when they are positive!! It makes everyone feel good from the reviewer to the reviewee!

We look forward to seeing you again!

Safe Travels,