WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hampton Inn Carlisle

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
“Typical Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

This hotel is what you would expect from any Hampton Inn. Check in is quick and easy and the staff is courteous, especially the lady that attends to breakfast. She has been wonderfully pleasant on the two occasions that I have stayed.The lobby and breakfast area have been remodeled to Hampton's latest design. Rooms are typical with desk, flat panel TV, fridge, etc. The beds are comfortable, but I do wish they would offer larger, "traditional" sized, pillows. Bathrooms have yet to be remodeled and are a bit cramped (compared to newer hotels) and dated. I recommend a room on the back facing the field. Hot breakfast is decent though I stick with oatmeal or fruit. Access to the hotel is not direct, but is attained by turning at the intersection by the truck stop.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel faces a field, where as the front faces the parking lot and road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Hello FNadeau,

Thank you so very much for staying with us TWICE and THANK YOU for taking the time to write a review! I will be sure to share your review with my team. They do such a good job and I am proud to be part of Team Hampton Inn Carlisle.

We are very excited to say that we will be renovating the guest rooms and bathrooms over the next few months so our dated bathroom look will be updated as well as our guest rooms.

Lastly, thank you for the tip regarding the back of the building! Many people like that view and ask for it upon arrival. Thanks also for the tip on accessing the hotel as it can be confusing given that we are adjacent to the PA Turnpike entrance and Interstate 81.

Thanks again for staying with us and thanks again for posting your review as we consider this information invaluable to a us as well as our future guests!

Hampton Inn Carlisle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Like all Hampton Inns, and Hilton family hotels, we had a pleasant stay. Check-in was quick, the room was decent, and breakfast was great. I did think the bathroom was a bit tight and a little out-dated, but that's just my opinion.

For travelers to consider:
1. As a Hilton Honors member my profile states that I want a room on a high floor and away from the elevators. When i check-in I was told they couldn't fill that request (not sure why) and that I would be on the first floor right next to the lobby. I was in room 105 which is next to the office and check-in counter. The biggest downside was listening to the night employees go in and out of the office all night long. Just like hotel room doors, the office door slammed all night. The other downside of this room is you are next to the front door of the hotel and can hear car doors and conversations of everyone coming and going. If you get assigned room 105, ask for a different one.

Room Tip: Do not choose room 105. It's next to the check-in counter and employee office. It's loud.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello Christopher R,

Thanks so much for your stay and thanks also for your review!

I am glad check in was quick and breakfast was, "Great" and I am sorry about the size and outdated bathroom. Please know we will be renovating the guest rooms and guest baths starting in December of this year so we hope this problem is addressed.

I am concerned that my team did not accommodate your HHonors requests regarding, "High Floor" and "Away From Elevators" as we typically do our best to block rooms according to HHonors requests. I will speak with my team about this so that it does not happen in the future. I do apologize.

Thanks again for your business and loyalty and I wish You and Yours safe travels!

Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Very clean hotel, staff was great. The room was very clean, bed comfortable. They were awesome to my dog, even had a treat waiting for him when we arrived. Lots of walking space for puppy breaks. Highly recommended! :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hello Rebecca C,

Thank you so much for your business and thanks also for your kind words in your review!

We are so glad that our hotel was a good fit for you and your furry traveler! I will share this review with my team!

Safe Travels to You and Yours!

Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed in Carlisle at the Hampton Inn - we registered on line and were welcomed by pleasant, courteous, helpful staff. They answered all our travel questions and made sure we were comfortable.
The entrance into the property was not well lit ans should be attended to.
Good value good breakfast will stay again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gordon S
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hello Gordon S!

Thank you so much for staying with us! We do appreciate the repeat business! Thanks also for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor!

I am happy to hear that my team provided pleasant and courteous service! I will pass on your comments to the team!

I will be sure to check our outdoor lighting...thank you for brining this to my attention!

I wish you and yours safe travels!

Upper Saint Clair, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I feel very confident staying at Hampton Inn's. Rooms are clean! Linens fresh. The bathroom could use an update, but it was clean! Breakfast bar always nice and clean. Lobby area nice. Hampton Inn are always reliable. This is a good choice for a hotel stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hello MyAkitaBear!

Thanks so much for your loyalty to Hampton and thanks also for your business and review for our property!

We are so glad to hear that you were comfortable and welcomed! We are also glad that you enjoyed the breakfast while you were here!

We are aware of our dated guest bathrooms and will soon be entering into a full room renovation to update the rooms and guest bathrooms! We are very very excited!

Thanks again for staying and connecting through Tripadvisor! We do appreciate the input!

Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We always try to stay at Hampton Inns whenever possible, however this time we were traveling with our little dog, most do not allow pets...However were we very surprised & pleased that this Hampton Inn did allow pets. I sincerely thank Management/Owner for this policy! :)

We also wish to thank the front desk agent, Don Horn - he was very friendly & helpful.

Gave them "five" stars as they did not have MSNBS!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Hello Zabieann!

Thanks so much for your kind words! I will pass this along to the team and be sure to give Don kudos!

I am glad the hotel worked out for you and your pet dog! I too travel with my two dogs and understand how important it is to have them stay with me.

I wish you and yours safe travels!

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I like staying at Hampton Inn because there are no surprises. The rooms are always clean, the staff pleasant, the breakfast varied and things always work. Used the fitness center which was fine. My only complaint is no MSNBC on TV.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hello Marblehead750!

Thanks so much for staying with us and thanks also for posting a review!

I remember when you checked in and called the front desk to inquire about MSNBC. I checked the channels for you and was surprised that we did not have it! Please know I made a note about it as we are updating channels in the near future and I hope to have it on the updated line up.

Thanks again for your business and loyalty!

Travel Safe!