“Nice Stay”

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton Inn for a wedding in Carlisle. Our room was clean and quiet throughout the evening. The breakfast was good in the morning, with an attendant constantly assisting when necessary. The staff was friendly/helpful and I would have no issues staying here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Hello BerryBaklava!

Thank you so much for your review and business!

We are so happy to hear that your stay was a success! I will share your review with the team...they love to hear when their hard work pays off!

Safe travels to you and yours!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed at this Hampton several times in the past year on business to the Carlisle, PA and found myself consistently disappointed. As a diamond member of the Hilton Honors program I am very familiar with Hampton Inns and what to expect. Normally, my stays meet my expectations (relatively inexpensive, clean, comfortable rooms, easy check in/out, responsive service).

Unfortunately, I would have to rate this particular Hampton Inn as poor on every category I mentioned above. After approximately 30 stays at this location during 2012-13 I have decided to no longer stay at this location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank USMAGRAD

Hello USMAGRAD,

Thank you for your review. Thanks also for your business!

We sincerely apologize for all of the issues you encountered during your time with us. We genuinely appreciate your business and we will be addressing your concerns with our team.

Again, we apologize for all of the inconveniences and if there is anything we can do for you, please let us know.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have stayed at the Hampton in different locations throughout the US. I usually travel alone so safety is always on my mind. The Hampton never has failed in providing the best service for each customer. It's cleaniliness, safety and the friendliness of employees never vary from location to location. I highly recommend the Hamton or other Hilton hotels. Best in value and experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Hello R B!

Thanks so much for your review! Thanks also for your business and loyalty!

I am so glad our hotel was a good fit for you in your travels! I am also glad to hear that our team took good care of you during your visit! I will share this review with them.

Thanks again for staying with us and we wish you safe travels to you and yours!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We regularly stay in Carlisle, and the Hampton Inn really sets a standard for all hotels to meet. Having stayed all over the world, we know that the 5 star designation doesn't always ensure a good experience.

But the Hampton Inn in Carlisle is meticulous--pool immaculate, temperature right, the bedrooms gleaming, linens fresh. Jacuzzi is lovely. The lady in charge of the breakfast buffet runs a beautiful operation. People always friendly and helpful.

We often laugh about it--it is like a fancy spa on the cheap! And you can walk across the street to the truck stop--24 hour dining with the truckers--what an experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the back, looks over the fields of corn. Just like a Wyeth.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Hello Virginian52!

Thank you so much for your review and kind words! Our team will be so happy to hear your review!

We take pride in our property as well as the service we provide to our guests and each other and it is nice to hear when it pays off!

Thanks again for your business and we wish safe travels to you and yours!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Upon checking into the hotel I was told that my room had been upgraded to a king. When I got there I noticed this "upgrade" also included a broken dresser whose drawers were askew and a stained carpet. The furniture was worn, chipped and not up to normal Hampton inn standards. I would recommend skipping this place.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Hello Ellen M,

Thank you for your review of your past experience with us. We sincerely apologize your stay was not what you've come to expect from us. We will utilize your feedback to improve the areas you've mentioned and improve our provided guest experience. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I will always try to book with Hampton Inns first. My absolute favorite hotel. Everything is top notch, clean and Love the breakfast. Even the remote control is cleaned which I found the other top competitors usually miss.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Lorraine C,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you also for your review!

I will be sure to share your comments with our team!

Safe travels to you and yours!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The pool was shut down due to cleanliness, the internet was soo slow, our toilet would not flush, the air conditioner would didn't cool the room and the trash cans we overflowing at the breakfast area. We will not stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rocky D

Hello Rocky D,

Thanks so much for staying with us and thank you also for your review!

I am sorry for the troubles you experienced during your stay. We did have some maintenance issues with our pool at the time of your stay that have since been resolved. I am sorry that you were not able to utilize the pool facility during your stay.

We will have our team service the air conditioner and toilet as well. I have also addressed the internet issue with our provider and our internet is going strong now. Thanks so much for brining these items to my attention.

Thanks again for your business and input regarding your stay...we truly appreciate it!

Safe travels to you yours!