“Home away from Home!”

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Virginia
“Home away from Home!”
Reviewed March 30, 2008

The entrance to this Hotel is a little tricky. I could see it when I came off the turnpike but missed the turn and felt a little stupid. By the time I got there I was a little frustrated and I think the desk girl could tell. She was very attentive and friendly. I told her I had problems finding the entrance and she said she was sorry and assured me I was not the only traveler who missed the turn. She then told me exactly where my room was and told me to call the front desk if I needed anything else. I got to my room and realized I forgot my toothpaste! I called the desk and she personally brought me toothpaste and a bag of cookies! My room was very clean and when I passed the housekeeper in the morning she smiled a shy smile and said good morning. The breakfast was a nice hot breakfast and the breakfast staff was really nice too! I had time to work out in the fitness area and though it wasn't very large, it was private and I had a nice work out. When I returned to my room the maid had already cleaned it! I stayed here for 3 nights and felt very comfortable the limited time I was there. I will definitely go back. This isn't a cheap hotel, but the staff makes it a nice place to stay and it is worth it to pay a little more for the little extra's you don't get at a lower priced hotel.

• Liked — Clean room, Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Missed the turn to Hotel!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
New Jersey
Reviewed March 30, 2008

We stayed overnight at the Hampton Inn while visiting Dickinson College. It's a very nice Hampton, very clean rooms/bathrooms, with comfortable beds and bedding.
My only complaint is that the a/c-heating unit is rather loud.
It has the usual continental breakfast and the hostess was really pleasant.
We'd stay again.