“Sightseeing trip back to Florida.”

Hampton Inn Carlisle
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
North Port, Florida, United States
“Sightseeing trip back to Florida.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Excellent hotel and staff, they went out of their way to make us feel at home. Gave us a little history about the area and listed all the good restaurants and shopping areas. Not happy with the discount system, no military discount because of military ceremonies going on, but did give us a AARP discount.

Room Tip: Plenty of parking, great breakfast, pool was super and clean, and as usual, cookies at night, Great...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We've stayed at HI Carlisle twice this year. Both were excellent experiences. The pool was warm and inviting. Star, the "breakfast lady", made us feel welcome. The front desk staff was friendly and provided quick check-ins.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Laurel, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have stayed at this location multiple times over the last 4 years, and have never had a complaint. As part of the annual Carlisle truck show weekend, and other times throughout the warm weather show season, this is most definitely the quickest and easiest hotel to get to. I've always trusted the Hampton name, and I have never been disappointed at this location.

Staff is friendly, and I was thanked for being a HHonors member. The "welcome" sticky notes, and Hershey kisses on the nightstand were a really nice touch!

Usually travelling solo, security is a BIG concern for me - this location has never given me a moments' worry.

Complimentary breakfast has something for everyone - if you leave hungry, there's a problem.

We're ready to book again for next season!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family and I were just passing through the area on our way back home. Come to find out that there were no more AAA discounts available due to a car show in the area. We were not interested in the car show and still think that we should have gotten the AAA discount. The discount is the reason why we selected the hotel plus the Hampton Inn repretation. A few things that were displeasing to us; a smelly and musty room, housekeeping carts that were lined up along the hallway, and a hot tub that wasn't working up to par. I was looking forward to using the hot tub which I was counting on to help me with my body aches and pains, But to my dismay, the jets were not putting out,

We did enjoy the Hot Breakfast though and your attendant who was overseeing did an excellent job.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathleen H
Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

I'm usually very trusting of the Hampton hotel name.
Because of that reason, we chose this hotel on a late night stop while heading back to Tennessee.
The room was the last one available because of a car show in town (red flag already) but it was very late so we needed to stop for the night.
The room was musty, humid, damp and not up to the cleanliness I expect.
In addition, the parking lot smelled like a sewer plant.
If you stay here on a non-car show night, it might turn out better for you but I wouldn't expect it if I were you.

• Stayed August 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I can not rave enough about this hotel. We were there for about a week and were greeted everytime when we came in by name. The staff is amazing!!! When we arrived we asked for a rollaway and extra pillows and Chuck promptly came up and made sure everything was set up and accomidating including covering an electrical outlet for our little ones safety.

The room was spacious and perfect for the three of us. We were greeted by a different little suprises from our housekeeper Gabriela (I think that was her name) with little extras like towel animals wearing our boys sunglasses, hershey kisses on our nightstand, and different arrangements of his various stuffed animals on his bed, and kisses on his pillow as well. These little suprises made us think what will she do next.

We will be back next time we are in the area, without question!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend, to pick our daughter up from her ballet camp. Although it is located near rt 11, and our room faced he highway, we heard not one noise all night (very different from our stay at a competitor hotel on our trip to bring our daughter to camp). The room is nicely laid out, and I Love that they wash the comforter cover between guests - so sad not every hotel does this.

The free breakfast was lovely; I always enjoy making a fresh Belgium waffle, and putting strawberry jam on it instead of syrup. The lady taking care of the food area was on top of everything. In addition, she greeted every person individually, smiling and asking if there was anything needed. She kept things clean and filled. Kudos to her!

The reason for not giving 5 stars is the free room fridge needed a touch of cleaning.

BUT it should be noted not only was there shampoo, conditioner, lotion, manymany soaps and mouthwash in the bathroom, there was also make-up remover pads. Lovely touch I am finding at all Hampton Inn's :-)

Room Tip: Doesn't matter - they are all quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family