“Solid, but a bit noisy.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Arlington, VA
“Solid, but a bit noisy.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed in one of the rooms with a suite for a wedding. The room was very spacious. The sitting room was great, and there were doors that closed off the suite completely from the bedroom area. Both areas had their own TV.

The front lobby has a convenience store (24/7), which was great. A nice gym as well.

Here were our gripes: The walls are thin. You'll hear everything around you. We stayed for a wedding, so we heard drunk revelers on the street and those getting off the elevator. (Now, this happens at nearly every wedding we go to, but this one seemed worse.)

The elevator for the parking garage was out. It turns out the hotel doesn't own it, but it was out for more than a full-day. This makes loading up your car a bit of a pain.

Finally, the heater in our room was really loud. To the point where it woke me during the night each time it turned on.

I understand that noises are often an issue at hotels, but many of the guests that stayed there (friends and family) mentioned the noise as well. Ear plugs may not be a bad idea.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face Hanover Street. It is very noisy, and every street conversation wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TonyDArlington_VA
Carrie S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience. I apologize for the noise you experienced while staying at our hotel. Our staff and security guard attempts to keep the noise level at a minimum when we have events. It is unfortunate to hear your recent experience was not completely satisfying. I have discussed the issues with the appropriate staff to control noise level at the hotel. Please be assured your suggestions are taken seriously. Your comments advise us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, and how we can improve.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the Jacuzzi Suite with modern decor representing Historic Carlisle. Our Jacuzzi Suites come with two 42 " flat screen TV's, bathrobes, pull out sofa, and a door separating the two rooms. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Carrie Snyder
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Yorktown Heights, New York
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I just returned from an overnight stay on Oct 6th,at this hotel.
The Hotel is convenietly located in the center of town, and has a municipal parking lot directly behind the building.
The front desk staff were courteous and friendly, and welcomed you to the hotel upon check in.
The rooms are clean and comfortable.
There were two issues that I encountered at this hotel.
First issue was that the airconditioning unit did not work propoerly in room # 207,as I had to get up in the middle of the night due to it being to warm in the room. Despite trying to get the unit to adjust, I simply just opened the window to get some cool air inside the room.
The second issue was you could hear every little noise and conversation in the hallway outside the room, and in the alley/drive way outside the window.
If you are a light sleeper be aware!!!
The houskeeping staff was superb, as I needed an extra towel and a box of tissues.
They were most pleasant and professional, they greeted you with a smile and were eager to assist.
They all greeted you with a freindly hello, happy smile, and good morning, how are you.
All and all it was not bad for a one night stay, not sure i would want to spend several nights here due to the outside noises.
But I would recommend this hotel, as its clean and the staff is courteous and professional.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by my recent stay here. The room was a jacuzzi room, and it definitely felt like I was staying in a luxury hotel. The room was huge and well-decorated and I didn't hear any noise throughout the night. Great location to the "nightlife" of Carlisle and friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2012
Boothwyn, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed for just a Saturday night after a wedding. From the check in to post check out the Hotel was everything you would want from a hotel. We arrived early and our King room was ready. No bell hop, but ample check in carts at the front door. Parking in their lot. Quick Nap, wake up call on time. Room offers all the amenities you need for a stay including Coffee, WiFi, Flat screen, couch in office,great bed, and real hangers. Chamber maids who greet you. Front desk takes the time to give you advice. Convenient down town location. Sandy the manager took time to find something to do on a Labor Day Sunday. Most places are closed. But she found a great place to explore. US Army War College or Carlisle Barracks has been around since before the war (Revelotionary). Visit the Armory when there. When we got home we realized that I had left my pillow and a bottle of wine. They found it and shipped to me, no charge. Great Service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank amoebat
New London,NH
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed here while visiting Dickinson College. The location is perfect for spending time in town and at the school. The room was clean, neat and comfortable. The front desk and reservation people were helpful and welcoming. On Wednesdays there is a Farmer's Market just down the street, which was fun. Lots of restaurants near by in walking distance and the hotel validates parking in the public parking lot behind it and only charges $3 for parking there.
For a chain hotel tucked into the center of town, this one was nicer than expected.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were fortunate enough to get one of their jacuzzi rooms -- awesome and obviously newly renovated and very tastefully decorated. Pin tuck draperies, two flat screen TVs, small living area separated from bedroom by sliding doors. We will definitely stay here again when in the Carlisle area!

Room Tip: ask for jacuzzi room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank FillyFan
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The hotel is OK- it's right in the heart of downtown Carlisle. The staff was nice. The parking is weird and you have to lug your luggage up some stairs from the outside public parking garage, which is a pain in a storm. The rooms were clean, there was apparently a complimentary breakfast that nobody informed me of- there was nothing in the room, nothing was said when I checked in ( I travel for work and I've always been informed of the complimentary breakfast at check in and it is also written in the info booklets kept in hotel rooms, but not here). I wish I was told about it. The walls are VERY thin- you can hear EVERYTHING from your neighbors above and beside you- and I mean EVERYTHING. The hallways and reception area were ridiculously hot.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business