“Stay somewhere else.”
Review of Sleep Inn Carlisle

Sleep Inn Carlisle
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We recently attended a family reunion in the outskirts of town. Most of my family stayed at another hotel in town but I decided on the Sleep-Inn. I should have taken their advice.
The hotel was understaffed & unkempt. The rooms smelled of mold & there were stains on the ceilings & mold around the stall shower. There was some kind of dirt(or mouse droppings) on the bed cover. One of my children found a dirty shaving razor under the bed. My room didn’t even have a peephole in the door just a hole where the glass should have been.
The breakfast area was only large enough for about 15 people but had about 30 people fighting over the coffee dispenser.The exercise room was small and only had a few machines, no free weights.
The pool was out of service & when asked when it would be open we just received "I’m too busy", Ill get to it later" response. I had to explain this to my children who were in the bathing suits and arm floaties.
The front desk staff was inexperienced & unhelpful. The hotel was unmanaged & the person in charge was the same woman who was wiping the tables between guests. She was rude and completely unprofessional. I asked to speak to a manager but they were not on site & could not be reached. I left a voice message for the manager but have still not received a call back 5 days Later
I would strongly suggest finding another place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
staciamiele, Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

We appreciate your comments and thank you for staying with us, we would like the opportunity to respond. On June 1st, I sent you and apology and at present time I have not heard from you. I realize the children were upset because of the pool closing, as for safety reasons it had to be done, I did not want to put your children's safety or for that matter anyone's safety at risk. On a Sunday morning, it takes a little time for an outside company to respond. Our staff is professional and very courteous, I know that when you had to tell your children they couldn't swim it was upsetting to them and to you. Again please accept my apologies for the inconvenience of the pool closing, repairs have been made to the light and it is up and running as normal.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've been here for a total of 2 weeks. I consider it a home away from home while I'm here for my on-the-job training. First when you come in at anytime of the day you have a very friendly staff greeting you to the hotel. There might be times when you come in and there isn't anyone immediately at the desk, but just wait a little bit because I know they are doing things like laundry and assisting with the upkeep of the hotel.

Breakfast is served every morning from 6:00am-9:00am and consists of cereal (cheerios and raisin bran) served with 2% milk, breakfast pastries (bagels, danishes, donuts, mini muffins, strudels, english muffins, toast), fruit (oranges, apples, bananas), light n fit yogurt (sometimes yoplait), hard boiled eggs, waffles, precooked sausage, biscuits and gravy, juice (cranberry and orange) and coffee. This is pretty much breakfast every day seldom changes although one day we had bacon and scrambled egg patty.

They have a gym which I hadn't used that has your typical Nautilus machines, two treadmills, a stair stepper, and stationary bike. There aren't any free weights so you'd have to use the Nautilus machines for your weight training. Now the pool is the shape of a square and isn't too cold when you step in. It all looks nice and everything until you get in. For the most part the water looks clean but there is green pool scum on the walls of the pool and the ladder you use to climb in and out of the pool. Like the pool scum is so thick someone wrote "John was here" in it. That is pretty gross. The pool water also taste a bit salty (I wasn't going out of my way to drink it but sometimes when you swim you accidentally get some water in your mouth), I don't believe pool water is meant to taste salty. I mean it's nice but the scum kind of gross me out and I don't want to go back in there.

The guest laundry room is small and there are two washers and two dryers (note one of the washers didn't take my money for washing so you really only have one washer). Each machine will cost you 1.50 in quarters with the washer lasting 30min and the dryer 60min. There are beverage vending machines (takes cash/credit) and an ice machine on every floor with one snack machine (cash only) on the 2nd floor.

The rooms are nice and they keep it clean everyday. The first day I got here there were some people who couldn't get the hot water working but I had no problem and I've been in two of their rooms. So far I've gathered that it's all shower stalls in the rooms. The beds are changed everyday and they give you a fresh bottle of shampoo, conditioner and soap every day. Now the first week I was here they kept throwing out my shampoo, conditioner and soap I would use in the shower. I personally found that to be a waste considering I still had enough for the next day but the 2nd week I was here they didn't do that anymore which made me happy. The fridge and the microwave is a nice addition to the room if you are going to be here for more than a couple of days. The bedding is nice and comfortable with white pillow covers and sheets which is nice when you pull back the covers to make sure that everything is clean and hygienic. TV is regular cable and is a decent sized flat screen. They have a regular radio alarm clock which is nice (I mention the clock because stayed at another motel that didn't have one.)

So far everyone is very friendly. To let you know Carlisle is a big trucking hub and there are a lot of trucking events that go on so a lot of hotels and motels fill up with guests and the Sleep Inn is no exception. If you are looking for something to eat around here there is a Cracker Barrel and further down the road in the Home Depot plaza there is a Chili's. The motel also has a little desk next to the elevator that has various menu's for delivery/take out.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
staciamiele, Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very happy to hear you found the amenities of our hotel to your liking. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed here May 10, 2013 on our way home from Florida. Not a great bed and a very average breakfast. However the front desk staff were very friendly and the room was clean. I found the $100 a night rate a bit high and don't think I would pay that again for this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you. Safe travels and we hope you stay with us again in Carlisle.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed here on March 28, 2013, while in route to Myrtle Beach from Northern New York. We arrived around 10:30pm and the desk clerk was very friendly and helpful, which was great as we wanted to get in the room and settled in as quickly as possible. She had us checked in and on our way to our room in no time. The room was fairly decent size with 2 double beds, and the bathroom was a little small, with the sink located outside the bathroom, so if you were the first one up to shower, you had to be out in the bed area to finish getting ready, and wake everyone else up. Everything was clean, no complaints on that. The morning breakfast was decent, a waffle maker, sausage patties and links, hardboiled eggs, danishes, muffins juices and coffee, fruits and yogurts. Unfortunately, the woman who made waffles before us had a little problem with hers sticking to the waffle maker and had it a mess, so the rest of us couldn't make any, not the hotels fault. We didn't try out the pool or the fitness room, so no comments on those. The wifi worked good. There was plenty of parking, and it is very close to Interstate 81, so it is a great stop over for anyone traveling through.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
staciamiele, Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you and you found the amenities of our hotel to your liking. Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Clean, comfortable stay for a good nights rest. Not a fancy bed and breakfast (bring your own nice toiletries) shower ok, no bath. $90 so a bit pricey...but would stay again. Quiet neighborhood. We were standing getting ready to leave and the maid turned to us and told us we wouldn't fit (she was loading up her cart and getting in the elevator). She should of said, let me move out of the way, or pulled her stuff out and let the "customer" feel special, like they come first.

• Stayed: March 2013
staciamiele, Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad you were able to get a good nights rest at our hotel. With our extra glass in the windows you will not even know we are located right beside the interstate. I am sorry for your interaction with our housekeeper. I have passed on your comments to the manager of the department to share with her employees. We hope to see you again soon at the Sleep Inn Carlisle. Safe Travels

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here on our way south to Myrtle Beach in December. The staff was very friendly and helpful at check-in. The room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was good. Despite the close proximity to I-81 the room was quiet. The hotel is next door to a Cracker Barrel Restaurant which was nice because of the snow storm that was hitting the area when we were there. We have stayed here before and have always been pleased. It's pet-friendly also which is another reason why we will be back again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
staciamiele, Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon.... safe travels.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice property for the price we paid. The staff is helpful and nice, the room was exactly what we needed and the breakfast was more than ample compared to other hotels' offerings. If you need a clean, comfortable place to stay close to places to eat, this is a place to consider!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank NikkieyG
staciamiele, Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Sleep Inn Carlisle. I am happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you and you found the amenitites of our hotel to your liking. Hipe to see you return soon! Safe travels.