“Tiny room, nice value, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sleep Inn Carlisle

Sleep Inn Carlisle
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
New York City
“Tiny room, nice value, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

There are lots of hotel/motel choices in Carlisle. This offered a great location at a very reasonable price. The room was impeccably clean, but rather tiny. The TV screen was quite large for the small space and the room had a small refrigerator (nice.)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Croswell, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

We had a nice stay at this hotel. The swimming pool was relaxing but there was not a hot tub. The rooms were probably above average in size but bathroom was only a small shower. Breakfast was average, close to restaurants and a good variety of places that deliver to the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sidney, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

This hotel is located conveniently to the highway and has a Cracker Barrel restaurant next door. The check-in experience was very good; the room was clean and comfortable. The hotel grounds were pleasant and the interior clean. My only complaint is that we had a non-smoking room which smelled fine, however, the hallway reeked of cigarette smoke. Not sure why - perhaps some of the other rooms on that floor were smoking rooms. The breakfast was average. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We spent the night and the Sleep Inn in Carlisle PA and it was very nice, clean and the room was spacious. We especially enjoyed the oval shower. The breafast was okay but they had alot items at the Sleep Inn in Statesville NC where we spent the previous night. Perhaps it was because there is a Crackerbarrel next door. I would recommend anyone staying there. The grounds were very well kept and it was also close to a shopping center on the other side of the highway.

Room Tip: We had a king room and it had a flat screen tv, microwave, and frig and was very spacious\
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Mashpee, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

Have stayed in this hotel previously, seems to be getting a bit run down and tired. Check in was fine, room was clean, just had the sense that it could use some updating.

Room Tip: Pretty close to I81, might want to request a room away from highway although the noise wasn't as...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Marietta, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

my wife and I were on the way back from a trip to ME and stopped here for one night it is a fairly standard sleep inn room was clean bed was comfy htr/ac worked ok hot water. basic but good breakfast...the shower could have been cleaned a little better and the check in person had a pretty dry personality...but all in all for $80.00 it was a good stay...I would stay here again if back in thge area...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

So, I am a supervisor at a hotel nearby Sleep Inn but got a chance to stay there due to a free certificate I had. My boyfriend and I used this as a chance to have a mini-vacation prior to our expected child to arrive and moving houses. I will apologize now for the lengthy review, but due to the fact I spend 50+ hours a week in a hotel I will touch on every problem guests potentially have or do incur/question while on stays. The hotel is easy to find based off it is directly off of 81 and there is a sign at the end of their driveway directing you in. It sits in a lot with Cracker Barrel and is just a minute away from restaurants like Panera Bread, Chilis, a Chinese Super Buffet (which is surrounded with clothes shops, a Wal-Mart, a movie theater, a gas station, Dairy Queen, and Brusters). I know plenty delivers to their location and there are many restaurants within ten minutes. We chose to go to Rillos (a fine-dining Italian restaurant) that is somewhat on the pricier side but is perfect for a romantic meal or a get-together. Sleep Inn is also really close to Dickinson College and the Army War College and for the rate it is perfect to stay there for trips to Hershey Park/Gettysburg/Lancaster, rather than spending around $279.00 a night to stay in those cities. Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly and informative Front Desk Agent, Dee. We stayed on the second floor in a Non-smoking, King room. Coming in the room I did the infamous “Bug Bed Check” which was clear!!  The a/c worked, the toilet was not clogged, and the room was visibly clean. Fridge/microwaves in all the rooms and the fridge was working properly and kept our items cool. The shower drained properly and didn’t drip constantly. The room was nice and dark, and even with being next to 81 we didn’t have an issue with noise. The pool water was not too hot but not freezing, so it was quite relaxing. We did not partake in the breakfast, so I cannot comment on that. I experienced very minor problems during my stay, those consisting of a child who knocked on our door at 9pm and continued to run down the hallway (random, but only happened once  and pretty much out of the hotel’s control)… also, I utilized the lobby bathroom and an odd bug I’ve never seen before made me exit the bathroom very quickly. I understand bugs get into hotels and that it is impossible to keep 99+ rooms perfect day-in and day-out, so it was nothing worth complaining over. I was a little depressed to see the night auditor utilizing the business center computer and wasn’t too happy to see/greet my boyfriend and I (I know night audit gets quite boring but a smile would be sufficient)… also the next morning a housekeeper we walked by did not greet us as well. Overall, I was very happy with our relaxing/comfortable stay… and I definitely wanted to “Sleep Inn” longer, which is why I requested a late check out.  Also, to refute the previous comment to mine, I have actually worked with their present GM before, Carolyn, and know she has a good work ethic/customer service skills so I am surprised to see the comment below mine, but it is very hard to please all customers no matter how hard you try. With all this said, I highly doubt I will be back at this property again since I’ll be living close by… but I definitely recommend it (around a $99 rate is highly worth it since most hotels in the area are $116+) and when my hotel is sold out, if Sleep Inn has rooms I will definitely recommend it for walk-ins to go to. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple